• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

evo_works' exhaust thread

I have had the genuine spoon and a copy really nothing in it except the price.

£99 delivered.... hmmm

Sounds identical!

See attached pics.

030_zpsda8674a5.jpg

032_zps012d3380.jpg

DSC_0202_zpsc895a1f0.jpg

031_zps92b698bd.jpg

DSC_0201_zpse8255f2b.jpg

Yeah that's the one, 120 delivered now though. I spoke to sportex earlier and asked about a silenced centre which they would have to make up at a cost of 90 delivered and would possibly be here by the weekend. Option b is a twelve month old dc catback for basically the same price...

I would go with that then! I spent £500 on a genuine spoon cat back before the Yen went belly up I then sold it for more than I paid some 4 years later. It's ridiculous this rep we've got looks and sounds great! It's been on our car for over a year and covered 8000miles... All good!

I swapped my buddyclub spec 2 for that spoon n1 rep exhaust, looks better and is far more suited noise wise for road use!

Really, over a dc catback? I'm new to civics so bare with with regards daft questions lol. Krys are you on cliosport?

That's fair enough DC is ok but I don't thing they are that wonderful the manifolds give out so you must put the engine mounts on to prevent this. I have also seen the end can rust off the box.

End of the day exhaust is an exhaust things to look for,

Good fitment
Quality welds
Decent material used
Mandrel bends (not crush bends)

That's about it. I went all brand crazy on my EK9 cost me a fortune and in mist cases completely unnecessary! It was nice to say "ooh I have spoon radiator mounts oh and spoon engine mounts" but there is better and cheaper on the market.

There is tat out there but there are also bargains to be had.

Ask yourself this say the exhausts last 2-3 years all year round driving and 30k miles at that price just buy another one!

Aye true. I only do like 6k a year and tend to keep a car all of five mins, although I am warming too it. The limited time I've spent nosing around the dc allways comes up as a good system. Can't remember if I've asked you but have you got any vids?

No I don't I'm afraid. But just google spoon sounds exactly the same!

If you don't like it just move it on, or send it back you have your statutory 14 day rights anyway!

Haha just choose!

Easier said than done cause I fancy a Tegiwa M but still think an AEM cai would do the job!

I can help here. I bought an aem a few days ago, sounds great in vtec and defiantly helped it breathe better. Although on reflection there's currently a couple of m's for sale at nearly three times the price lol.

Back