• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust and engine advice ep3

Hi guys I'm planning some engine work on my ep3 and picking up parts where I can over the next few months. I have an RBC and adapter plate already. I think I will get a skunk 2 throttle body next. I'm then thinking of the DC Sports manifold. I will get it all fitted just before I go to TDI North for a k100 and remap. I have a Cobra 2.5" cat back exhaust with a 4" tailpipe and not sure if I would benefit from upgrading to a 3" system and not sure which to go for if I did. Not in a rush to do it all and don't want to spend mega money, any advice would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll get a few more ponies with a 3" exhaust, but it just depends if you want the increase in noise that usually goes with them.

TDi-north do a 3" exhaust. The price is listed on their website.

Hi mate thanks for the reply. Yes I've seen it on their site and also seen solid fabrications do one as well. Would it make that much difference over my current exhaust with the plans I have though? As an extra 600+ is a lot. I'm by no means chasing numbers. I've just decided that as my ep3 has only just done 60k on a 54 reg I plan to keep it. If money wasn't an issue I'd upgrade to an fk2 but I'm not so want to do a few more bits to out my mark on it but not go ott

Hi mate I had k100 fitted and mapped at TDi North and the only mods I had was aem cai and supersprint back pipe with cobra back box all 2.25. It made 220bhp but mid range was transformed. If you don't want to spend the extra £600 on 3in, it won't matter because you will be amazed at how different the car is after remap.

Thanks for that mate. That's what I'm thinking as I know it will be louder anyway and don't want it too loud as its my daily. I will get things moving soon

And Super Unleaded is expensive in Oxfordshire :D

Good luck with the setup. And Agree with you regarding noise. Don't want a daily too loud. lol

Yeah I wouldn't bother changing to a 3" exhaust as I don't think you'll make that much more power for the money. You could always do fuel pump and injectors (maybe rail too?) for some gains?

That's great guys, I won't bother then and save my money to use elsewhere

I have also been thinking about that as well mate, I'm not after huge power, just want some improvement. Think I'm just going to get a manifold to go on with the RBC and then get it booked in for a remap and then enjoy it :)

Hi mate no not yet, I hope to get the RBC done in the next few weeks. Then I will get the remap booked in and get my DC Sports Race decat manifold fitted just before the remap. I've decided against the throttle body. Have a few other bits to get fitted and then more plans some time this year all being well

Back