• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust B Pipe Bolts Sheared - Can They Be Removed?

I bought an OEM B Pipe from a member off the other forum, and this arrived:

IMG_0482.jpg

Now can this be sorted? I tried soaking the sheared bolts with WD40 and hammering them before gripping them with a mole grips, but no luck.

Can a garage get them out?:evil:

Yea they do come out mate, an you can get new ones from Honda. They will be seized in there though, prob need to heat them up bang an drill an tap them out. lol A good garage wil do it, or if your down my way again, ill do it for you.

Thanks Petey,

I just got off the phone to my mechanic who said he will have a look at it for me tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Failing that I think the only way is to cut the bolts down and drill a hole.

The bolts on my Toda midpipe were like that. I took my dremmel to them and had them removed in about 15 mins. Plus the sparks that flew looked awesome :lol:

if i had that issue at work, i'd just drill through the middle and then with a punch collapse the outside as it loses its strength when the inside is hollow.

Back