• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust bushes, what to go for?

I have a new stainless exhaust inbound soon, I plan to replace the bushes at the same time since the current ones have been on the car a long time and may have hardened, and since I'll have the exhaust off, why not?

So, do I go OEM and use the standard rear box hangers and b-pipe triangle. Or the standard triangle and powerflex rears, or go all out and buy J's racing ones?

Is there much benefit to anything non-OEM in this case? Price difference is reasonable, but given the cost of the exhaust it's a drop in the ocean. Would I notice any difference when it comes to: longevity, cabin noise (particularly with the J's Racing triangle), support/protection of the exhaust?

I think Scott on here (Scottish Type R) went through trouble with exhaust mounts when fitting his and ended up with the J's Racing ones from TDI North to solve the problem

Thanks Jimbo. What do you mean by "trouble"?

Azazl, maybe, always good to see what others think though (I may choose to ignore it, but still ;) )

I use the J's Racing one's i bought from TDI North. Seem to do the job well enough, they are stiffer than OEM and softer than the powerflex one's so a good happy medium.

I use the J's Racing one's i bought from TDI North. Seem to do the job well enough, they are stiffer than OEM and softer than the powerflex one's so a good happy medium.

Is that just the triangle, or the back-box too?

Both the triangle and rear two mate.
The triangle raises the exhaust closer to the floor compared to the OEM one on my Fujitsubo Legalis R, The rear two are the same height wise if you use the holes farthest apart. They don't make a difference to the cabin noise compared to OEM imho but add a bit more stiffness so less movement or flexing under load.

Both the triangle and rear two mate.
The triangle raises the exhaust closer to the floor compared to the OEM one on my Fujitsubo Legalis R, The rear two are the same height wise if you use the holes farthest apart. They don't make a difference to the cabin noise compared to OEM imho but add a bit more stiffness so less movement or flexing under load.

With the closer proximity does that increase the popcorn sounds from kettling in wet weather?

It may well do mate. It may also depend on what system you are using determining how low it sits on the hangers.

It's the Legalis R as well, if the J's are good with yours then great, I guess I'll go with that (it's always the most expensive solution :) ).

Thanks.

Fair comment mate. I just think with something like exhaust bushes they are much the same. If mine split and I needed a replacement set would I end up buying after market polys?...... Probably haha

The reason he used the J's racing mount was to reduce movement and reduce the kettling effect, he said it helped the kettling slightly.
Heat wrap helps further.

But anything to raise the b pipe is an advantage on aftermarket exhausts as most tend to hang lower

I kept breaking the Honda triangle hanger when I used to run a piper system. Bought a j's racing one and it was absolutely fine and still going now on a 3inch exhaust system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for the J's Racing one's, I also bought them from TDI North to fit along with my Legalis R, no problems to report, they are a happy medium, I still get the kettling but it's not as bad and only tends to happen when there is lots of standing surface water.

Back