• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Disappointment

source a used blitz nur spec system for my ep3 ctr,(centre pipe and back box) upon fitting i was extremely dissapointed with the overall sound, it was no louder than the stock!? :evil: even when in vtec, no roar and no grumble lower down, only the gruppe m broke through on the noise sound of things :twisted: (like it does!) i have specified on a previous post when looking for pipe advice that i didnt want any droning from inside the car, however it seems that the spoon n1 may be the way forward!

to make things worse, there was an awful rattle type noise at exactly 3800 rpm (no more, no less) on the revs on the way up and on the way down :( . This seemed to happen higher up in the rpms aswell, i had very close match gaskets in (closest i could get from local parts dealer) but the noise didnt sound like blowing! ANY IDEAS ON WHAT THIS COULD OF BEEN?

****ed me off that much that i took it off and put the stock back on, much happier!! :D

the only good to come out of it is that all 5 exhaust bolts i came across were absolutly fcuked! rusted and seized solid! you should of seen the state of them once off! (spanners, nut splitter, hacksaw!, imagine the mess! LOL) So replaced with steel bolts+washers.

ANY INPUT OR ADVICE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

The rattle could have been the exhaust vibrating against something. Best thing to do is get it up on the ramps and get someone to put their hand on the accelerator and try and find the problem. That's what Dotty and I did with my spoon system.

The rattle could have been the exhaust vibrating against something. Best thing to do is get it up on the ramps and get someone to put their hand on the accelerator and try and find the problem. That's what Dotty and I did with my spoon system.

Had it up on small ramps earlier, got underneath it, went right through to see wether it was touching/vibrating against any thing, all was fine, also checked various shields for rattling, all seemed fine, all bolts tight. :confused:

Not the same system but mine was catching where there is a bend in the B pipe, we bent the exhaust hangers and purchased some stronger exhaust mounts (the yellow ones from halfrauds!)

The rattle could well be a baffle in the silencers, my DC2 had exactly the same issue with 3 separate Buddyclub exhausts and every time it was a baffle.

You can normally hear the rattle if you hit the silencers with your fist.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out and I really don't know what the deal is regarding exhaust noise or lack of it. When mine went on it was definitely louder than standard although quieter than other exhausts I've heard but it makes a great sound as you go up through the revs.

Hope you get what you're after next time.

just a quick update, had a my bro make a jig for the centre pipe, cut out the silencer (box), had a piece of stainless pipe welded in place (our mate done an excellent job on the welds) sources some original gaskets, PROBLEM SOLVED! Now with a straight through stainless centre pipe, I have the nice rumble initially wanted! Not alot of drone and some nice noise when engaging vtec! :twisted: pressuming now that original problem was loose baffle inside the silencer.

Back