• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Effecting performance help!

Hello just bought a stainless steel cat back system and haven't put it on yet. It's the upgraded size from 2inch to 2.5 inch. Will that extra .5 inch affect the performance good or bad. Thanks.

It will work better as it will let the gasses flow out faster due to the bigger OD. You might gain a few ponies but don't expect to see loads. You will however get more noise from it.

It should free up some more power, the oem b-pipe is the most restrictive part of the system. I doubt it will be enough to make a noticeable difference, though the placebo effect of the noise will more than make up for that!

Also do you know if I would still use the standard gaskets as both part of the exhaust back and centre are designed to fit standard sections. For example my back box is 2.5 but is designed to fit a standard mid section. I think it's should be fine.

I imagine it should be fine with standard gaskets then. They only cost a few quid, so if they don't fit, then you won't have wasted much money anyway.

Back