• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust fitting- ball park figure- NOW FITTED with pics

Guys

I know exhaust fitting will vary from place to place but i just want a ball park figure on what to expect.

I've got a new exhaust going on to replace my Magnex :whistle

Many thanks

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it depends on how easy it is to remove your existing one.

Shouldn't be more than an hours labour.

DIY! Me and my dad fitted my HKS. It's easier with two people tho lol.

I think the going rate is £40 at most places.

How the feck did Carl (Snr) managed to fit under the car? :eek: :p :lol:

My mate's little brother is really into cars and wants to open a garage and he said he could fit it on his drive if i wanted to.

Not being nasty but this would be my last resort- dont know why though :rolleyes:

Ask for a cash in hand figure ;)

Yep, good advice, always worth asking!;) If it comes off o.k, refitting will be quick and easy.

Mine OE back box, on my early CTR, was replaced with a Spoon N1 in under 15 mins. :cool: (By pros with ramps and tools, not me, obviously! :lol: )

Sorry I can't remember how much it was to fit, as it was done with lots of other work.

Most garages i've spoken on the phone to has all said they will need to have a look at my car first before giving me a quote- which i guess is fair enough really as they need to assess with current state of the nuts/bolts.

The cheapest i've found is a garage that will "start from £25"

You wanna sell your magnex:D

Sorry James

I have a local lad that said he will buy it off me.

However, if he changes his mind, then i will let you know :D

Gary

£25 is what I paid to have my OEM system replaced by a BC system at some garage. That included them having to get an air gun on the nuts between the cat and the start of the midpipe as they were rusted on solid. A bargain really.

£40 is probably fair.

If your ever round my way, i'll fit it :)

Or if you dont have it on by the time were both at a show/trackday, just give me a shout :)

Thanks for the offer Rich but i think you're a bit far from me like :lol:

Hopefully getting it fitted on Friday but i think it will be around the £40 mark- hopefully cheaper but we'll see :p

Got my exhaust fitted this morning :p

Took it to a local garage who races Mini's and was pretty impressed with their work.

Encountered a few problems on the way-

Firstly, getting my Magnex off- mainly the bolts to the CAT was apparently welded on :confused: but a quick blast on the blow torch sorted that out.

Then when fitting the new exhaust, the triangle flange connection thingy :)oops:) didnt quite align with the holes on the CAT so the had to enlarge the holes slightly to make it fit.

Lastly, the pipe was hitting/ knocking against my JDM rear ARB, but they just bended the hangers slightly so hopefully this should do the trick.

All in all, only paid £35 and it took about 45mins so happy with that.

Some may know what my new exhaust is but i will reveal all this weekend when i've given the car a good clean and upload some new pics.

:lol:

Gary

Really ? :-k

Shhhhhhhhh :-# :-$

PM me the answer lol

I'm going to be in trouble when the missus gets back from NY :rolleyes:

Back