• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust fitting help

I have a Fujitsubo RM01A backpipe and back box to go on the EP3 and would like to fit it myself (coz I'm a tight wad :lol: )
My question is though what would I need, parts wise, to fit it? I understand I need gaskets, but forgive me for being a bit thick here, but is there a particular size I would need? Also bolts etc, is it a good idea to get replacement bolts for any fixing points if the old ones prove tricky to remove?

If there's anything I've missed then please feel free to let me know, I want to get as much information I can before delving into a bit of D.I.Y modding :D

Cheers for reading,

Scott

Pics when fitted :)

Need to work out the fitment requirements first though Si :lol:

So far I know that new bolts would be a good idea, but I'm sure that the original springs would be ok so I'm going to keep those, the only thing I'm stuck on now though is gasket size for the Fuji :( I think I'll be needing two. One for the back pipe to cat fitment, one for the back pipe to back box. Where's all the techy bods when you need them :lol:

The one from the B-pipe to the cat will be the same as the OEM 3 hole gasket.

The one from the B-pipe to the Back Box, you will need to measure the internal bore and the PCD of the bolt holes and have a look for one that matches.

I bought one off eBay for my Trust system that matched the dimensions required.

I'm quite surprised you didn't get replacement bolts and gaskets with the new system, I did with my Spoon system and the wife got them with her eBay exhaust too

Don't forget to buy some exhaust sealant stuff. I think I used Holt's Firegum.
It'll blow like a biatch if you don't use it. It's fine to use loads as long as it's after the cat (if you still have one?)

I fitted a whole exhaust to my little Pug 106 in December. It's not that difficult. Deffo a job you can do yourself to save some cash.

Don't forget to buy some exhaust sealant stuff. I think I used Holt's Firegum.It'll blow like a biatch if you don't use it. It's fine to use loads as long as it's after the cat (if you still have one?)I fitted a whole exhaust to my little Pug 106 in December. It's not that difficult. Deffo a job you can do yourself to save some cash.
I have never needed it on any exhaust system, a gasket has always done the trick :smt023

Nice one fellas, maybe I should check the box I got off Andy (RF55) to see if the bolts etc are in there, I haven't even checked :oops:

Might be an idea....

Just to add, I have always had some exhaust paste on standby just in case.

My Trust was blowing between the back box and b-pipe even with a new gasket.
All i did was put some paste on either face of the gasket and it sorted it fine.

Back