• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust help.

Hi, to all recently I have a big stop at honda because of taken the protection of the cat that was broken, when removed they damage the O2 cables, it been fixed but the light came back on now honda said that i should change the all thing so I thought put stainless steel but I can't find a road legal cat, help me with the options and prices thanks for any reply.

Hi 40000, welcome to TRO :)

Are you posting from a different country or speak a different language to uk?

I would not be happy in your situation, as the wires were damaged the problem may be the wires again which would be no good replacing the whole cat as it is very expensive. the price of a 02 sensor is cheaper than a cat.

Do you know if they repaired the wires or replaced the O2 sensor?

Honda broke it so honda should fix it at their cost

I agree but if they have replaced the 02 sensor due to damaging it then the problem may be the cat and could be a coincidence for it to fail.

Depending on what country 40000 is in they may have different emission regulations giving leeway for a decat.

Sorry but I'm in Uk and it not honda that broken, they only fixed. No new O2 sensor only cables.

A new sensor may fix this or a better repair if the wires. Can you see the repair? Have they soldered the wires or crimped them?

No honda close the door to costumers so I can't say but the all thing "exhaust" is looking bad like from a car with 150000 miles and this type r is only 45000, so I'm looking for options to not only change the O2 sensor but all the exhaust, thanks for the reply.

Dude, you type like you've gone through google translate. I've read all your posts so far and still can't quite work out what you need?

I'm thinking the guy wants a new exhaust, but cannot find a stainless system with a cat? That's what I make of it but then again I'm clutching at straws as it is. Can the 02 sensors be bypassed for a de-cat system?

That why I ask if foreign. I think 400000 wants to upgrade his exhaust as the old ones knackered anyway, cat, mid and rear?

Edit: Scott beat me to the translation.

Sorry, the car is british but I'm foreign, what I am looking for is a complete system road legal that pass MOT, thanks.

Thanks MilanoChris for the reply but I'm looking for new not used, will it be ok buy CAT from Honda and use a DC Sport cat back?

Another option is a DC5 4-2 manifold and 2-1 CAT section.

This will bolt straight onto your B Pipe, pass the MOT and will breathe better than the UKDM EP3 manifold and CAT.

Piper 4-2-1 + Sports cat is circa £500 so still cheaper than going to Honda!

Back