• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust help

If I replace my entire exhaust system for just a steel pipe going from the engine, what sort of gains can I expect?

As in a completely unsilenced system?

Dunno what sort of gains over a normal high end systems would be, if any and the noise would be unbearable.

I hear drilling holes in it gives some fantastic gains :shock: ..

Can you be a bit more specific at all?

dotty said:
I hear drilling holes in it gives some fantastic gains :shock: ..

:lol: :lol:

Doesn't that also work for the airbox as well? :lol:

HorrificVTEC said:
If I replace my entire exhaust system for just a steel pipe going from the engine, what sort of gains can I expect?

You will more than likely loose power from a near or even mildly tuned engine. You do need a certain amount of back pressure when tuning N/A (though of course it is not as simple as that) and matching the system to the car. Also it just has to be the right amount. So everything has to be factord in from diameter, the bends, how large the silencers (if any), baffels etc etc. All contribute to the flow characteristics of the exhaust.

My J's 70rr system is almost that a part from one small can I would say it is exceptionally loud. :wink: But is just a tad more expesnive than a piece of scaffolding :roll:

I heard that some plastic piping works just great. If you get some of that bendy stuff fits a treat then.

Back