• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust manifold advice

I want to buy an exhaust manifold for my ep3 I've phoned japspeed but unfortunately there out of stock at the moment for there race manifold as that's the one I really wanted because of price and I have heard good results from it. I've seen another one that toyosports do it looks identical to the japspeed one I just wanted to know if they are any good and is there any problems with fitting them? I have there spoon replica system on my car and I have to say it's very good no problems at all with fitting it, not to loud and a great price.

I have a japspeed on mines that has been on for a week and is being removed as soon as I can find the funds for a new header and cat, might be able to come to an agreement if your game for a swap?

Why do you have to map the ecu after putting on a exhaust manifold? is it just to remove the engine management light?

Is a new Ecu the only option or can the factory one be mapped for it?

Sorry for sort of hacking this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you need a K100, besides the manifold alone will give you nothing. But after remap with decent mods you'll be looking at 240ish.

I'm not really overly bothered about big brake, already got the manifold so I've already jumped the gun lol I honestly can't justify 5-600 pound for an Ecu for only a full system an an air box

3k for an engine rebuild?? You can buy a 2nd hand engine for about £1200 or engine a jap engine an box for just over 2.
A few mates have had ctr with similar set up and no issues, they had there cars for a couple of years and had big miles on them.

As I've said I'm not really bothered about massive gains! I was just curious as to why everytime someone mentioned exhaust manifolds remaps were brought up.

Can you to show me anything that proves that the seized engines weren't just bad engines?

Because these engines run lean when decatted, more of an issue at high revs and more so with a proper header.

Lean causes detonation which causes over heating, warped heads, scorched cylinder walls, burnt valves and melted plugs.

Decat it by all means, don't do anything about the fueling, I really couldn't care less, as I won't be buying any of your cars when you're done with them.

However some of us have been driving and owning Type Rs for nearly 18 years. That sort of experience is hard to ignore.

Ok but then you need to pay the labour charges of fitting it , there is no point buying a manifold without getting a map, you wont see any gains your just decreasing the life of the engine
3k for an engine rebuild?? You can buy a 2nd hand engine for about £1200 or engine a jap engine an box for just over 2.
A few mates have had ctr with similar set up and no issues, they had there cars for a couple of years and had big miles on them.

As I've said I'm not really bothered about massive gains! I was just curious as to why everytime someone mentioned exhaust manifolds remaps were brought up.

Can you to show me anything that proves that the seized engines weren't just bad engines?

Did you go for the toyosports one? I've just bought 1 but can't find anything about running them and if they are any good. Booked in at tdi north next month for fitting of that,tdi cat back and a remap. Heard the japspeed ones were decent but there doesn't seem to be many people running these which is a bit of a worry for me.

Back