• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust manifold advice

Yeah loxy just got an email back from them saying it was a long time ago. I'm getting one on Friday in good condition would you say it's worth £150

If it is in good condition then yes.

Spoken to tdi they did a job lot back in 2008 sold well but for what was coming out in the market I don't think it made much sense for them to carry it on

Exactly. :smt023

I'm still waiting for pictures this morning. What do I need to look out for Loxy?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

That clips and springs are intact and all fixing clamps are present, that it hasn't been split and re-welded and the manifold should look shiny and not rough and corroded. I'm pretty sure there aren't any flexi joints on it, so you don't need to worry about those.

Have you got any pictures mate?

Seems kinda odd to me that they would sell their own manifold design, then recommend others like the Toda, Japspeed etc.
Would be interesting to find out why they stopped, unless you know Loxy? Was it like a profit margin thing, or just a case of loads of other headers out there for reasonable cost didn't warrant the time to manufacture anymore?

It could be worth a punt at £150, but for an extra £50-£70 you could get a brand new Japspeed which has proven gains and will make 240bhp. I'd do a bit more digging if its performance you're after.
I've been trying to find a Japspeed manifold but everywhere seems to be out of stock...odd.

When I had a little butchers round yesterday there website said they had some mate

Was that on Japspeed's own website mate? Still saying out of stock on there. The 4-2-1 I'm looking at. :)

Yeah I went on yesterday morning after being told to check them out lol

That clips and springs are intact and all fixing clamps are present, that it hasn't been split and re-welded and the manifold should look shiny and not rough and corroded. I'm pretty sure there aren't any flexi joints on it, so you don't need to worry about those.
I'll take some pics and post then when I pick it up

Back