• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust manifold advice

Hi everyone, thinking to upgrade my current 421 unbranded manifold to something good...I've been told toda is best, but what about the buddy club? Anyone has these fited? Any good? Also, for the cat back, is that custom exhaust is the best over all the aftermarket for performance wise and quite wise
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toda is regarded as one of the best headers but isn't cheap, Tegiwa is a Toda replica and get's good reviews and is half the price, you will need to change the front anti roll bar for a JDM version to fit these manifolds though.

I don't know much on the Buddyclub tbh but the DC Sports is worth looking at, a mate has one on his DC5 and hasn't had any issues, you need engine mount inserts fitted with this though otherwise you will void the warranty although I think fitting the mounts is good practise when fitting a header to prevent cracking. Japspeed also do one which is a cheap option but also gets good reviews and decent gains. Remap as well though when fitting a header if you haven't already.

As for a catback I don't think they will make more power than if you buy a decent aftermarket product, reputable brands will have had more R&D with their product.

I previously had a custom catback made by Longlife, I've now swapped it and the quality difference is night and day, really glad I did because it was crap the way it was fitted too, plus my Fujitsubo definitely 'feels' better performance wise.

The plus point of going custom is that you get to choose, bore size, noise, tailpipes etc but go somewhere you know is good, personally I wasn't happy with Longlife.

I found for what I paid for a custom made catback I could have got a good branded one, and I would stick with a decent after market one now after my experience.

Noise wise, you will gain a fair bit of this when you change the header anyway but quiet systems would be, Fujitsubo, Toda, Mugen, Tegiwa, look for ones which are silenced.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys input and so helpful information, when I bought the ep3 few months ago, the ex owner stated that the EM is dc sport, but once it found out it cracked and I took it out, I couldn't find any brand at all hence I thought that could be unbranded cheap rubbish..lol, anyway, all been welded and repaired..what can you tell the difference between the two, dc sport and tegiwa, their price quite similar. For me, not rush to get that changed, not my daily drive,I bought some mounts insert, could get that done before buying any good manifold..also, bought a used k-pro, had a map on it which quite match my mods to the car, believe once swapped, will recode the key to the ecu from Honda?

Personally I'd prefer the DC over Tegiwa.

Yes you need to get your keys coded however you should really get it mapped as well.

+1 for the DC sports, if the header that was originally on there was a DC it would have had markings on the 4 header pipes that come out of the block.

A lot of people are running the Tegiwa and have got good gains, it's all down to preference but I would go DC. I plan to go down that route myself at some point.

Yah, I notice that the marking in the header pipes, which mine hadn't go it!! Damn Baster lied to me has a good mods but it hasn't, I also found he said v2 induction and end up just £40 cheap copy one, I soon bought a tegiwa carbon to replaced. Can't stand it, the silicone hose has a 50p hole on it when it come out

Back