• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust manifold, cat back exhaust and 70mm throttle body

Hi guys, I've got a lovely Ep3 2005, completely standard apart from K&N typhoon Short ram air intake. Basically I'm thinking of getting my car kpro/k100 fitted. I've been told it's best to fit a few parts to get better bhp readings before I get my car mapped. There's just 3 parts I have questions for.

1. I got quoted £500 for a dc sports exhaust manifold, would I be just as well to get a cheaper japspeed one?

2. Cat back exhaust, I got quoted over £650 for a custom exhaust, is there a cheaper one that I could buy, that sounds nice costing maybe £300-£500? Spoon? Skunk2? Buddy club?

3. Quoted over £320 for a skunk2 70mm throttle body. Is there a different 70mm throttle body? As this seems very expensive for one of these.

Any advice would be really appreciated. As I am fairly rubbish with mechanical stuff/prices and cost, thanks in advance :)

Throttle body from my understand is a waste of time unless going with cams
better to spend on something like a rbc manifold

dc sports are sub £400 new is that fitted price

Check out tegiwa site their manifold is suppose to be good

as for exhaust I would pick up a used one from classifieds

japspeed manifold is copy of dc sports and performs just as well

plenty cat backs around that price or cheaper 2nd hand

wouldn't bother with throttle body it basically adds nothing and cheap ones stick your still get around 240-245 without one and with cheap exhaust manifold, rbc / m2 inlet , cat back , cai

Ok it's just tdi north recommended that I got a skunk2 throttle body fitted which was over £300 so I now know it's not worth doing. I've only got a short ram air intake but I guess that's good enough? So all I need to get is a japspeed exhaust manifold, rbc or m2 inlet and a nice cat back, then the all important re map

I've been told the throttle body isn't really a good value mod either!

I can't seem to find any Japspeed 4-2-1 manifolds, most places say that it's out of stock.

Back