• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Manifold help

I`ll use this topic for some questions if you don`t mind :)

Ok, I`m planning to change my exhaust header on my ep3, now I own a DC race header, but with K-pro, RBC, Skunk2 Stage 1 camshaft and a custom made CAI gave some poor gains. On a stock car with a 60mm catbacK it gave just 216 bhp. Supersprint gave 231 bhp on a stock car with the full system.

What do you reccomend? I know Toda is the best you can get, but I still think the price is too high. What about BuddyClub, SuperSprint, Spoon 4-2-1? Is toda really worth the price?

Thanks!

I don't think it's your header which is the bottleneck here. DC Headers produce good power.

The custom CAI? How free flowing is it ? What catback do you have ?

First I had an AEM CAI, but it was too small, so we made a custom CAI that was made on the dyno and it prooved actual gains. It`s as big as the AKR CAI. And it is very, very free flowing!

The catback is also made by a custom make in out coutry, 60mm.

What do you think? The car made 243hp. The dyno is the most realistic in our coutry, so the cars often show less hp that do the other dynos.

I don't think 243bhp is poor by any means. Yes you have cams, but they aren't going to perform miracles as they are only stage 1.

I would say get a 70mm catback exhaust to possibly eliminate a bottleneck with the custom made catback you got made over there. And an an RBC inlet manfold.

I already have a RBC inlet maniford and a Hondata head gasket. Ill wrap my header one of theese days and try with a bigger throttle body (skunk2 74mm black series) and we`ll see what happends.

But still, what do you think about the headers? Toda, Buddy Club, SS?

I already have a RBC inlet maniford and a Hondata head gasket. Ill wrap my header one of theese days and try with a bigger throttle body (skunk2 74mm black series) and we`ll see what happends.

But still, what do you think about the headers? Toda, Buddy Club, SS?

Toda header is best, in terms of power and quality. But the DC Sports is a very very good substitute.

Buddyclub's quality worries me, and I don't know much about the supersprint.

I'm going to say it's your custom catback restricting flow, which is why it isn't making more power. Just my 2p though.

Fitting TB will help if you port match the karcepts adapter and the inlet plenum of the RBC to 74mm also.

But as said previously, 243bhp is still respectable!

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that bothers me most, is that the tuner that tuned my car now made his own header and 70m exhaust whitch made 232 bhp on a STOCK EP3! Compared to my DCRH and 60mm exhaust that makes no sense, its 26bhp more?! I guess I`ll get a RM01A or J`s 70mm, we`ll see.

Thanks for your opinion! :)

Custom header and 70mm exhaust on a stock ep3? 232bhp With no tuning? I find that hard to believe.

tunerck20header.jpg

The exhaust whitch made 234 BHP and mine, whitch I don`t know jet why, made 211 BHP!

It's the way that other car has held the torque after 7600rpm. Strange graph.

I take that with a pinch of salt.

try cpl racing they do a piper race manifold inc cat ant it made 2bhp less on the dyno compared with a decatted manifold. not alot to pay considering you don't have to change your manifold over for each m.o.t

I find a £20 note stuffed in the tail pipe filters out all the pollutants every year.

Slightly bent tester FTW.

Back