• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Manifold help

what are my options if i, dont want to de-cat?

im thinking maybe the DC5's manifold but would i need that cat? or is the standard EP3 cat ok?

also with my set up with AEM CAI and Spoon cat-back and the manifold you suggest, would i HAVE to map it then?

Thanks

i am in the same situation mate.

i believe if you put an oem dc5 4-2-2-1 you don't need to map it.

the ep3 cat will not fit a dc5 mani as the cat in a dc5 is part of the 2-1.

i am thinking of getting a dc5 mani, the 4-2 is easily available but the 2-1 with the cat is becoming very hard to source so was thinking of a spoon 2-1 but with it having no cat i believe i will have to get kpro to allow the car to run fine with that combo.

Surely you dont HAVE to map it as everyother car ive ever had you can stick a full system induction etc on and theres no need for a remap, yes i understand that a remap will make the best of it all and gain a few more horses but surely its not a necessity?

Surely you dont HAVE to map it as everyother car ive ever had you can stick a full system induction etc on and theres no need for a remap, yes i understand that a remap will make the best of it all and gain a few more horses but surely its not a necessity?

If you de-cat you then you should get it mapped.

whats the point in spending loads of money fitting a full system if you are not getting the full gains from it?

Hi, Im in the same situation I have got AEM long ram , piper cat back , I have just brought a piper mani and decat I keep on hearing deferent stories about it running to lean without a remap and others owners are telling me they have full system with no remap and its ok. I don’t really want to spend £700+ on k100/k pro if I can get away with it any advise would be appreciated

would the DC5 mani and cat as "honda parts" not need to be declared to the insurers as they are manufacturers items?

that combo sounds interesting to me but doubt it would give anything over the EP3 system right?

whats the point in spending loads of money fitting a full system if you are not getting the full gains from it?

That wasnt my point though was it?? I already said i understand it would get the absolute best gains possible but the question was is it a MUST i.e if you dont map it what would happen as like most people i wouldnt be able to afford it all in one go so can you fit say the full system and then get a remap a few months down the line or do you have to wait and fit the system and map together.. And is that decat and sports cat? as personally i would be looking to go sports cat so no hassel mot time so basically my question is

Do you absolutely HAVE to remap for

Cat back system?
Manifold/cat upgrade?
Induction?

Or can you fit all the above and then get a remap say 3months down the line

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you absolutely HAVE to remap for

Cat back system?
Manifold/cat upgrade?
Induction?

Or can you fit all the above and then get a remap say 3months down the line

Cat back system? - No
Manifold/cat upgrade? - I would
Induction? - No

It is a pointless exercise de-catting (fitting a manifold) without having a remap, best bet is to fit your catback, induction and then save for a decent manifold and a Kpro ECU. Then get the manifold fitted and mapped to the mods at the same time, I would also consider sourcing an RBC inlet manifold as well as a decent header.

By fitting a Gruppe 'M indcution kit a DC5 4-2 manifold, a Spoon De cat and Spoon exhaust system I make 5 BHP on the OEM map. Then after having a K100 added and mapped it made a extra 20bhp.

So, 15 extra horses for the price of a K100.

Plus, by having the ECU mapped to your cars mods you ensure that the car wont run lean and damage your enginges internals. Which could mean a new engine.

The fact is the proper way to do it is ti get a new map when you go as far as changing the manifold, to a faster flowing system.

But, its your call, your money and your car.

I'd not be happy doing 9000 rpm's not knowing if the air/fuel ratio was correct. Its alright with just a filter and exhaust, but when the manifold gets bigger and teh flow rate is even higher, you should start to look at the fueling.

By fitting a Gruppe 'M indcution kit a DC5 4-2 manifold, a Spoon De cat and Spoon exhaust system I make 5 BHP on the OEM map. Then after having a K100 added and mapped it made a extra 20bhp.

So, 15 extra horses for the price of a K100.

Plus, by having the ECU mapped to your cars mods you ensure that the car wont run lean and damage your enginges internals. Which could mean a new engine.

The fact is the proper way to do it is ti get a new map when you go as far as changing the manifold, to a faster flowing system.

But, its your call, your money and your car.

I'd not be happy doing 9000 rpm's not knowing if the air/fuel ratio was correct. Its alright with just a filter and exhaust, but when the manifold gets bigger and teh flow rate is even higher, you should start to look at the fueling.

There's your answer. YOUR CALL!!!! You can't do things properly on a small budget. Mods aren't made to be expensive to rob you, they're expensive because of the amount of things you need to do to do it correct/safely for you and/or the car.

If i have a manifold upgrade and then get a k100 will i need a o2 simulator?

And looking to fit a manifold and exhaust system to the car first and then say a week later get a rbc fitted along with a k100 + mapped. Now ive been told i will be fine to run the car on the standard ecu for a week as long as i drive without full throttle? Only reason i will have to use the car is the fact the garage wont be able to fit a exhaust system, manifold, rbc and k100 in one day so have to do it in 2 trips

No you wont need an o2 simulator.

Driving easy for a week will be fine, just dont give it any beans :)

thanks mate just wanted to double check thats all, definately wont give it any beans as dont want to risk any trouble. I ideally wanted to get everything done in one hit but unfortunately its not possible in the time :(

try cpl racing they do a piper race manifold inc cat ant it made 2bhp less on the dyno compared with a decatted manifold. not alot to pay considering you don't have to change your manifold over for each m.o.t

Back