• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust movement

Just fitted my dc sports manifold it not makes it exhaust bang just on the mid pipe somwhere under the car
Its a j's system
Any ideas how to stop this i have the engergy suspension mounts for the engine at home and there not fitted yet

Sumo power said that buying the harder rubber exhaust mounts would help

I haven't got a single problem with my exhaust and DCRH.

After reading some 10's of pages on the web, I found out 50% have rattlings and banging sounds. The other 50% are lucky as they don't get it.

Since I bought my DCRH in the USA, which was 100€ cheaper, including taxes than buying one in the UK, I had to find out what DCRH would fit an EP3, because over there, it doesn't really exist for our cars. After searching alot, I found out a Acura RSX type S or Acura RSX-base header would fit, some shops sell them as the same header!
However! There is a difference in length (2" if I'm not mistaken) and the ACURA RSX typeS is the one to go with!
So I went with a acura RSX type S header.

Verify part number to be sure:
AHR6514 (the ceramic coated I got)
ASR6514 stainless steel
These above should fit correctely

WRONG:
HHR6514 (RSX base)
HHR6515 (USDM civic SI)

Please check this first :)

note: I have a EUDM EP3, should be mostly the same though

It's the right mainfold just seems to hit under the car just past the join to the cat back no matter what i do can't get it to stop vibrating

Have brought a powerflex gearbox mount to stop engine movement a bit and some j's racing exhaust mounts
The engine mount inserts are fitted it made a bit of difference

Any easy fixes ?

When does it make that sound?

Cornering?
At a certain RPM?
At a certain speed?
Cobbelstone road?
Speed bumps?
At idle speed?
Always?

-----

Is it banging or vibrating, or both?

If it touches the car's chassis, I would just guess there isn't enough clearance somewhere between the both...

Did you run this exhaust before fitting the DCRH or did you put them on at the same time?
If fitted before, did it bang/vibrate then?

Had the j's system before the manifold it only banged on very hard cornering then

It kinda vibrates now most of the time at idle it's bad and over about 55-60 mph it's bad too
I know some of it is the heat shield but I'm sure it touches the chassis Around where the heat shield is

The vibrating is normal, that's the downside of engine mount inserts I guess...
I'd start by solving the heatshield-problem, bend it a little if needed...

If that one is fixed, I'd start isolating the banging location, the exact location, I know there was a support 'thing somewhere near where the cat was, I just bent it over to make space, didn't bother to remove the entire sub-chassis to remove the stupid thing...

hi pal dont no if this is relevant but i had this problem when i fitted my n1 backbox and it turned out (after some advice on here) that i had tightened the bolts up to much on the join to the b pipe so i slackend them off and the banging stopped.

I know there is extra vibration because of the mounts but this is def the exhaust

The point of contact is just past the manifold where the system connects to it I've taken the system off and tried to move around a bit and bending the mounts on the box a bit then it rubs on the bumper the only fix i can see is to bang the chassis In a bit with a mallet a bit drastic i know but it's doing my nut In driving it

The point of contact is just past the manifold where the system connects

You mean the triangular flange between the exh. manifold and centre pipe?
>>><<<

Or are you talking about the centre pipe itself touching the car?

Seems strange, as for my Fujitsubo centre pipe, the flange itself is the highest point of pipe, there is plenty of clearance for the pipe

I wouldn't touch the car itself too much, rather seek for the obvious first, mostly it is a stupid solution, like an exhaust mount being upside down, the back box bracket mounted 180° wrong side...

Yes just past the join In the first picture you highlighted

All mounts are In the correct place I'll have a look again On the weekend see if i can sort it

Back