• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

exhaust opinions and ratings!?

hiya iam a newbie and iam looking at getting an exhaust system fitted to the EP3. i just want to get an idea on what people are running, see what peoples opinons are in terms of performance and sound, also see what exhausts seem to be worth there pennies and the ones that arent! which exhausts are rated and which exhausts you should stay clear of? would be much greatful for your feedback. thanks :)

cheers mate! :) i really like the sound of the skunk2 mega power r 70mm do you know if youd have to run a 4 2 1 race header with that?

I am getting a piper cat back in on monday so let you know how that sounds its also going on the dyno aswell so hopfully get good perfermance out it aswell.

yeah let me know mate, ive had a look at some of the piper systems n they seem quite good value for money IMO. alwyas heard they give a nice crisp sound so yeah but good to know what it sounds like n also whats gains it can produce!!

I've never had one before but from what I hear they aren't too loud either because they have 2 silencers. Also got a lifetime warranty on it so they must be confident it's a good system so I'll let you know mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iam looking for the high pitched sporty sound, one like the skunk2 mega power R! :) dont want one that sounds too much like a typical boy racers one lol

i have a piper 2.5" which is good not to loud

i see your running a japspeed mani, hows that baring up? iam attracted too it because of the price but i hear bad things. you experienced any problems with yours?

I'm also looking at the Skunk2 megapower R, do you know if you need to mod the manifold as i've heard both yes and no answers from people and now i'm a bit stuck!!

N1 backbox

hey iam thinking of going with just an N1 backbox for the time being, whats it like as just a backbox? good noise? how loud?

opinions

need feedback on scorpion exhaust systems. the price doesn't seem too bad to me for a cat back. my preference for an exhaust is I am looking for a sporty raspy sound but something not unbelievably LOUD! lol would these exhausts be any good to me for what I am looking for? thanks :)

I don't know anything about scorpion, but if you want raspy and loud get the sportex unsilenced bpipe or if you want to spend a little more get the spoon bpipe but spoon one isn't that loud till further up the revs.

Are sportex a rated exhaust amongst the EP3 world? lol I had one on my old Corsa c and that was just a back box but it gave a nice sound! Don't know if that would be the same for Civic though as they're a much better motor!

The b pipe is ok, especially for the price! It's mild steel so won't last forever. But at £60 odd cant go wrong. I'd personally avoid the sportex back box. Think the scorpion are quite loud.
Get using the search function, stacks of info on exhaust systems

I am getting a piper cat back in on monday so let you know how that sounds its also going on the dyno aswell so hopfully get good perfermance out it aswell.

How is the Piper exhaust, any vids and pics would be great!!!

Cheers
I didn't even realise you asked me this lol. i had the piper on for like 2 week then sold it, it was good but on the motorway it droned alot but i had a race header on aswell but it was good i just got ****ed off listening to it everyday but i wouldn't say it was the loudest am just fussy.

Now i have a raceheader and spoon bpipe and standard exhaust and sounds nicer and quietish.

Back