• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust problem

Hi all

I'm new to this forum I've had my type r for several months now and been adding little bits when I can affofford it etc.. I recently brought a de cat manifold and didn't even consider reading up on it before I spent the money and guess what it doesn't run right. I added the two lambor sensor adapters and all they did was get rid off the light..

My question is if I had the de cat cut out and had the flandge that fits the cat welded on and added the aridginal would it run right or maybe even a sports cat? Please help cause I'm fed up of its loss of power all the time..

Many thanks Jon from Hereford
Red type r with mugen grill

A sports cat and welding will probably set you back £400+, won't necessarily resolve the issues you are having and when you do come to get it remapped you'll probably want to take the cat off again anyway.

Look at K100s, a bit cheaper and the same unless you plan on uploading your own map or doing datalogging which are the two things that can be done on Kpro but not K100.

Getting a decent remap done is one of the best things you can do on the car. It makes is so much more drivable day to day.

Yeah remap is best thing i ever done saves me money on fuel aswell. i worked it out as i save £500 a year on petrol with the remap. my math skill might be shocking though so don't quote me on that lol.

A remap is definitely the way forward. In terms of better fuel economy, you will need a very disciplined right foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a group buy on K100's and mapping on CTRO, IIRC its about £600 for the K100 + Mapping.

Civic Type R Owners forum. There is definitely one space up for grabs in the 'for sale' section.

Back