• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Problems. Please help!

Hi, I have an ep3 type r pre-face, and it came with a DC Sports CAT-Back. The exhaust doesnt rattle and sounds really nice,...until it rains! When i'm driving and there is water on the road or I go through a puddle, the exhaust seems to start banging off of the underneath of the car and there is a really loud and annoying vibrating noise just near the drivers seat. It sounds as if the exhaust has fallen off and seems to lose a bit of power. Then I drive further down the road, and its fine again and goes back to normal until the next puddle?I tried searching and found a few people with problems like this, but cant seem to find any advice on what I can do to stop this!Anyone have any suggestions?Much appreciatedSi

This will happen with stainless steel exhaust systems. It's just cold water hitting a hot b-pipe. Not a right lot you can do, the same thing happens with mine, it's perfectly normal.

I know what you mean. I put a magnex on my first civic took it out in the rain and thought what the hell have i done to my car!! Like the others have you will just have to get used to it.

Does the car lose power? Or is this just my imagination as I slow right down and panic? ha

Okay. Guess i'll just have to take the pro's with the cons. lol. Thanks for all the info guys.Much appreciated.

Back