• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Rattle (Spoon)

I've got a little rattle developed, now I'm not sure if its the baffles in the exhaust or whether its a heat shield come loose. I need to get under my car and take a look.

Has any other Spoon owner noticed this? Has anyone had their Spoon exhaust baffles go?

I've had a "springy" sound. It ended up being the heatshield by the fueltank.

MilanoChris said:

Sweet, I'm hoping mine is just a heat shield, although my Spoon is still under warrenty :wink:

Was it just a case of tightening it up?

I've got a kinda rattling hissy sound with mine at the min as it needs a replacement o ring to go between the back box and mid pipe

Bazzer said:
MilanoChris said:

Sweet, I'm hoping mine is just a heat shield, although my Spoon is still under warrenty :wink:

I didn't think the N1 came with a warranty as it's effectively a race part?

Bazzer said:
MilanoChris said:

Yeah, and I had to move the heatshield away from something it was banging into. Was pretty obvious when I got under the car.

HASNIC said:

I hope your wrong in this instance mate. I'm just assuming that its covered by warranty, as its less than a year old. I'll have to dig out the paper work as I'm sure I was told when fitted that is covered by a years warranty.

its def got a warranty on it, I cant remember how long for tho

Bazzer said:
HASNIC said:

I hope your wrong in this instance mate. I'm just assuming that its covered by warranty, as its less than a year old. I'll have to dig out the paper work as I'm sure I was told when fitted that is covered by a years warranty.

Maybe they changed it a while back as i'm sure when i looked at getting one way back in 2003 :)shock:) when Sumo were Spoon europe i remember reading that it didn't have on or at least it was a very limited one.

So i bought a Skunk2 that fell apart on me anyway and that didn't have a warranty (well a 30day warranty, alot of use that is!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

FreakOnALeash said:
I've got a kinda rattling hissy sound with mine at the min as it needs a replacement o ring to go between the back box and mid pipe

Sure it's not the manifold cracking ??

chippyleigh said:
FreakOnALeash said:

Sure it's not the manifold cracking ??

yeah, it was Mark at TDi North that identified the problem for me a couple of weekends back at the rolling road day...I hadn't actually noticed up till then as you dont hear it unless you have the window down :lol:

Well, I got under the car this afternoon and all heat shield are solid. Nothing loose there.

I only hear it when the window is down and the music turned off. I never give the manifold a thought, but being standard I have discounted that :? Serivce is due soon, so I'll get them to have a look whilst on the ramps.

I know what they will say though, its your aftermaket exhaust :twisted:

Turned out to be a loose bolt on the airbox causing the rattle :shock: Spoon system is fine and dandy :D

Back