• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust vibration

Just an update on my exhaust, seems like longlife have done a good job. They couldn't fit it as 2.25" because it would be too noisey for what I wanted so the exhaust has a slightly larger bore than standard but it's not 2.25" as I wanted it quiet. The tailpipe is still twin round so looks OEM but their a little bit larger than standard.
Car has a subtle sporty note to it now but only just a little over the standard exhaust note just right in my opinion.
Performance wise not much difference, feels like it's got a bit more power in the mid range.

But.... took the car out today (it was raining heavy lots of surface water) and the car was hesitant to pull off, as if I'd lost power, gave it some revs and it seems o.k. Seems a little hesitate between 1-2.5k revs, the rev range which you pull off. I was pulling off in 2nd when this happened then changed to 1st still was reluctant to go then gave it some revs and all is o.k. Has anyone else experienced this a day after fitting an exhaust?
and it makes a bumping sound sometimes, as if the exhaust is hitting the bottom of the car but only when it's raining:confused: has anyone else experienced this?

So took it back to longlife to get it checked out, customer service was fab, let me go down straight away without booking. The chap said it shouldn't lose any power and the problem pulling off could be just the exhaust settling in.
The bumping he said he's only ever had one back with the same problem when it's raining and is an easy fix, but I have to leave it for a week to see how it goes. Hopefully it's just due to the exhaust settling in. Or could it be because of the wet weather?
Anyone else experienced similar or the same problems???

Yeah that's it pheeew! I'm glad it's common then, got to be honest I pood myself when I first heard it and was quite annoyed seems the exhaust had only been on for 1 day:mad:. But happier now:).
So does the heat wrap work?
Or hows the fire blanket method?
Has any of these fixed the problem long term ?
or Any long term problems from doing this?

Damn! I hate noises and it's effecting the performance if it becomes hesitant when pulling off. I may try the heat wrap, anyone else tried heat wrap?
Has it worked?
Any problems (long term/short term)?

Back