• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust wrap/Zircotec/Woof

Well i have been looking at coatings/wraps for a while...

After doing a bit of research on coatings and wraps i have pretty much decided to go with Zircotec/woof coatings....

The problem with wrap is that if it is not done correct and not maintained then you can develop areas of high heat and if the manifold/system is not of a higher wall thickness/higher quality then the wrap can cause rapid deterioration fractured welds.

However magnesia / zirconia is a fair bit more expensive than heat wrap, but should be less detrimental to the exhaust....

Roughly working it out, wrapping a manifold wil cost about £50 but coating it by zircotec works out to be about £210 for there cheapest coating!

Is there anyone on here that has used either coating or wraps? Feedback would be much appreciated....

All I know is that TDI North are authorised zircotec dealers.

Maybe have a chat with Paul

TDI North said:
TDi North are authorised Zircotec dealers and can offer the full range of their fantastic heat management products.

Prices start from £120+VAT for 4 cylinder manifolds and £173+vat for 6 cylinder manifolds.
Turbo housing coatings from £68.25+vat
Full range of different coatings and colours available as well as Zircoflex I/II/III ceramic coated sheets suitable for firewalls and tunnels.

Email us for more specific prices at [email protected]

Back