• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Experiences of people who decatted their cars

I've got a question to people that decatted their EP3 type Rs WHO didnt map their ecu's. Did you guys see a noticeable DROP in performance? Such as the car having flat acceleration spots below 3000 revs?

No difference in power mate, myself and a mate have decats and as long as you get the electronc cel fix you'll be fine. Main noticable down side is the drop in mpg and it's a big one between 50 and 100 miles less per tank depending how heavy your right foot is lol

i've had a mate with a straight through pipe fitted that started an engine light on a golf. he lost performance without a remap when a diagnostic showed he was running lean

I noticed a drop in mpg, running way too rich, it definatly needs a remap but that costs a fair bit. As long as your not running lean it will be mechanically sound. For now i shall just enjoy the popping and cracking noises it makes

a friend of mine has a spoon 4-2 2-1 mani and buddy club cat back so therefore is decatted and he hasnt noticed any decrease in performance as such but he will eventually kpro his car once he gets an inlet manifold

I decatted my older civic and noticed a real improvement in power. I had a megan 4-2-1, 2.5" decat, and a 2.5" catback fitted and the thing sounded awesome. The cats on the earlier civics were really restrictive. I wasnt able to remap this car either without doing an ECU and probably an IM swap, but power delivery was still improved, made it much easier to drive progressively with more people in the car aswell. Check your plugs guys and see if it is really running rich or if its just the smell of pure hydrocarbons lol. Mine admittedly did chuck out a lot of nasty fumes ***, i felt sorry for the car behind me in the burger king drive through everytime! A decatted EP3 must be even worse, haha.

While were on the subject, any of you guys had experiences on a decatted FN2 with stock manifold and exhaust?

While were on the subject, any of you guys had experiences on a decatted FN2 with stock manifold and exhaust?

I'd hazard a guess it'd be very much similar to a decatted EP3. Both cars use the K20 regardless of a few minor differences.

Back