• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Extended Warranty

Evening all, first post so please be gentle.
My 2019 Fk8 turns 3 in March so I believe it will be out of warranty, only done 12k miles and still has service pack running. Pardon my ignorance but do Honda offer to extend the warranty and what sort of money do they charge (UK).
TIA

is it a keeper?, if you think there's a chance you might sell in the time to extend your warranty be aware it's not refundable after the initial 14-day (IIRC) cooling off period. it's possible to have the warranty transferred to any new owner (with your permission) so you'll need to factor that into any resale price.

I was quoted £330 (12 months), £630 (24) and £840 (36) extended warranty

Just wondered if anyone else has taken up the extended warranty? My FK8 is out of warranty in November and I'm keeping it at least until the 5 year service plan ends. Do you reckon the warranty is worth it for peace of mind?

I ended up taking 2 years manufacturers with honda (years 4 and 5) then year 6 was with Vertu honda.... Cost around £700 I think, good peace of mind and includes breakdown cover I guess. Although in all honesty I can't say i have much faith in the main dealers after they left an oily rag in the engine bay on last service

Back