• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

External Dab Aerial

Am getting a KBT-1000 (dab radio ) box for my hu and i dont want astick on DAB aerial on the inside of my window so here is my question.

Can i replace the external bee sting aerial with a DAB and fm combined one and how easy is this to do

You can buy external dab/fm combined aerials for cars but there are only a few which will fit existing aerial mounting points and i don't think Honda is one of them but i may be wrong.

You may have to start drilling holes in your roof and i don't expect you want to do that.

What is wrong with the windscreen

I just think that the windscreen looks awful tbh. a black box sticking down from the top and theaerial stuck to it

I have now solved the problem. :D

My local ice store has a little box that you plug you normal aerial into and it converts you existing aerial into a DAB aerial.

Happy now i dont have to have an unsightly aerial stuck to my windscreen.

All for 25 quid.

clem said:

My local ice store has a little box that you plug you normal aerial into and it converts you existing aerial into a DAB aerial.

All for 25 quid.

See....there is always an answer :wink:

All for 25 quid.

Does this work very well though? I understood that our bee sting aerials are not very good for this convertor to work properly and you would get interuptions in reception a lot?

Holy thread revival!

Clem was last on the forum: 29-11-2011 06:53 PM

You never know someone else might of tried it though.

I couldn't get this to work so took my DAB head unit out - now thinking about trying it again before upgrading to a dab & bluetooth head unit, might try the glass one

I installed an autoleads glass / windscreen mount aerial yesterday and made a video to help anyone else that is wanting to upgrade to DAB!

[video=youtube;8h2f48mb3Wk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h2f48mb3Wk[/video]

Back