• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

External MSD coil. Accord Type R

Anyone have any info on how to do the External coil mod on the ATR.

Im clued in up to. just take the L + N from the dizzy coil to the new MSD coil. Then obviously change the Dizzy cap to suit.

But were im stumped is, the ignition control module (ICM). Juice passes through this before it reaches the internal coil.

How would this be introduced, if would even be needed at all?

Secondly. anyone know how or were to get the kit to do this? Mods for the ATR are starting to become a bloody myth now :lol:

LOL!!

Has anyone ever tuned an ATR at all?

or is it all tegs an CTR's? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there much point. Intake, manifold, decat and cat back. Plus the other little mods like the throttle body mod.
Pretty much all you need to do really. Coilovers are only necessary if your tracking it.

What you have listed is mainly hat I have done but some people and trying to so more to get over the lack of low down power, which without a remap and hondata is very hard.

I don't find low down an issue on mine tbh. If your tracking it your never going to be low down in the revs anyway. Which is the whole point of vtec IMO.

Ahh, fordham sir, i read detailers post too. How many ATR owners dya think went straight on ebay looking for some of those injectors. I can name one for sure...
16.gif

Still yet to learn this external coil thing
8.gif

Just found out its quite a popular mod on bikes, hayabusa CBR's etc. Which ups the price, however seems used ones are Mega cheap in the US! $120. Hmm

Back