• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

F***ing flat battery

Dead. Defunct. No volts.

Not used the car for 7 days and its dead as a dodo. 7 days wtf? Hadn't left any switches or interior lights on either

Pretty common for the current civic.... Did you leave the wipers/lights switched to 'Auto'?...

I had a Clio172 before the CTR that I didnt used to use much, every other weekend and the battery kept going flat .

I bought an Optimate III SP battery charger/optimiser with a trickle charge function which meant you could safely leave it on the car all the time without worrying about the electrics. Also meant the alarm was still armed which was good.

Comes with a cable with +/- that you clip on to battery and leave it connected, at the other end is a weatherproof plug which you connect your Optimate to when you park up.

About £39 now, which is a cheaper than a battery. Good buy in my case.

Hope its just the Auto wipers Simon and not alternator.

I had to get the Insurance home rescue lot out on Saturday as I managed to flatten my battery when I changed my rear lights over.

I'd left my aircon on whilst I was testing all the bulbs. Douche. :lol:

Back