• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Not being to up mechanically but something was leaking. Was it No.3 cylinder or piston??

It is a valve on the head cylinder that it's not sealing properly .from what he told me you don't get misfire codes from piston rings being worn. Not burning oil either so most likely he was cleaning the surface?

Bummer to find that on a new car, on any car in fact but particularly a new one. Glad you've got warranty. Also handy that you're local to TGM, something I enjoy about living locally too!

Have instructed the Mrs we're not to move too far away from them! :D

Bummer to find that on a new car, on any car in fact but particularly a new one. Glad you've got warranty. Also handy that you're local to TGM, something I enjoy about living locally too!

Have instructed the Mrs we're not to move too far away from them! :D

HAHA thats crossed my mind also. Not sure i could ever part with my Honda either as Tom does such an amazing job. If I did it would have to be a DC5 to keep it Honda :)

Hi everyone, I have been to TGM this morning and glad to see that the problem was found and fixed.A slight bent valve on cylinder 3 that was leaking. Valves have been removed, head cylinder cleaned and valves sit back in. Timing chain, tensioner, head gasket, various gaskets ,head bolts been replaced, spark plugs replaced. Valve clearence were carried out too. The head cylinder is back on the block at the moment . The engine and gearbox were removed together from the car, and a new clutch, bearing and plate will be put in aswel. Car should befinished by the end of the week.
Major service means this EP3 is a happy bunny.
Tom from TDM is a hero working over time and getting everything right.
Thumbs up to him and his crew
:D

Question is, will the warranty or the dealer foot the bill - or at least the part related to the knackered valve. I'd ask Tom to make out two invoices for you by the way, keep the other work separate so the warranty folk/dealer doesn't have a fit or use it as a means of worming out of it all.

We still chasing the warranty but to be honest they don't even pick up the phone! These type of businesses along with the clamping ones should be closed down until they can provide real service.

We still chasing the warranty but to be honest they don't even pick up the phone! These type of businesses along with the clamping ones should be closed down until they can provide real service.

I'd take it up with the warranty company's governing body, they should proudly state on their site if they are backed by one. If so, go to them - obviously after giving the warranty company a fair innings. Failing that your only other alternative is the Office of Fair Trading. Might be a bit early in the day for that.

To cover your bases I'd step up your daily campaign making notes of when you made the call, and the outcome if any, noting who you spoke to. If that's a no go, put your request and any subsequent correspondence into writing and send it to them via recorded delivery so you have a record that they've received it.

All of this evidence will help your case when talking to the regulators/governing body or the OFT.

Hi everyone!
Got my car back today, and it's in good working order! Clutch feels perfect and engine is smooth and quite!
Feels so good to have it back and tommorow I will give it a wash followed by some pictures!
Many thanks to Tom at TGM!
He is a great guy with a lot of knowledge, experience and I strongly recommend him to everyone.
Petra :D

Great news Petra and really pleased the car is sorted. By the way, I only know of one other Petra and she also lives in Aldershot. Small world :)

Thanks Guys!
Took the opportunity of not having to study or work today and gave the car a wash myself and a couple of pictures taken with an Iphone.
:rolleyes:

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Back