• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fabricated exhaust

Hi to all.

I'm looking for a fabricated exhaust for my fn2. Has anyone had any experience with PowerFlow? Good or bad.
As I'm getting on a bit I want the increase in power that comes with a performance exhaust but keeping the noise to a min. I have changed the Header and cat so most off the shelf systems are way too loud.
Powerflow are close to me so before I commit can anyone give any input? Cheers

Powerflow are franchises so it changes from dealer to dealer. You're best bet is ask around locally, car clubs etc and find specific reviews on your local one or go down there and ask to see some of their work.

Im sure it's all guaranteed for 12 months at least though.

There are are quiter off the shelf systems, the fujitsubo is relatively quiet apparently and I think tdi norths 3" system is fairly refined. There's also the option of a stainless steel b pipe, you can get silenced and un silenced versions of those and they come in a bigger bore size.

Powerflow are franchises so it changes from dealer to dealer. You're best bet is ask around locally, car clubs etc and find specific reviews on your local one or go down there and ask to see some of their work.

Im sure it's all guaranteed for 12 months at least though.

There are are quiter off the shelf systems, the fujitsubo is relatively quiet apparently and I think tdi norths 3" system is fairly refined.There's also the option of a stainless steel b pipe, you can get silenced and un silenced versions of those and they come in a bigger bore size.

Hi, cheers for the reply. I Have thought about just changing the b pipe and leaving Oem rear box. If I went down that route I suppose it wouldn't matter who fabricated it.
Tdi kindly showed me that system when I was there. I guess it's down to personal taste and noise tollerence but it was too loud for me, even on idle. Never heard the fujitsubo.
Will ask around locally. It's the Newcastle branch if anyone lives up this way.

You wouldn't in theory even need the b pipe added, you can supersprint and a couple of other brands off the shelf

You wouldn't in theory even need the b pipe added, you can supersprint and a couple of other brands off the shelf

Looked into super sprint and it's too expensive. They have stop producing for the fn2 due to lack of interest. They said they would sort me a one off out but with a 30% mark up. About £500 for just a b pipe.

So you want something quieter than Tegiwa, which doesn't have 2 mini silencers on the end like OEM system does. Personally I plan to buy a Tegiwa and then get solid fan to add another small silencer somewhere in the system. Should be quite possible. If you go with power flow then make sure the largest silencers they can supply as as big as OEM. If you want dual exit there's no reason why they couldn't replicate OEM system or toda if you show them some pics but as said they key will be to have largest silencers possible

So you want something quieter than Tegiwa, which doesn't have 2 mini silencers on the end like OEM system does. Personally I plan to buy a Tegiwa and then get solid fan to add another small silencer somewhere in the system. Should be quite possible. If you go with power flow then make sure the largest silencers they can supply as as big as OEM. If you want dual exit there's no reason why they couldn't replicate OEM system or toda if you show them some pics but as said they key will be to have largest silencers possible

I think for now it'll have to be Oem back box with a fabricated b pipe. Its a shame Tegiwa changed their system from 2.25" to 2.5". The older version would have done nicely.

I've got the Tegiwa, with a decat race manifold. It's really not loud in the slightest and I'm very happy with it.

Back