• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Facelift Alarm Fob

Does anyone know how to re-program the facelift alarm fob
icon_question.gif

I Never changed battery for a week and mines lost its program
icon_scratch.gif

I found a small guide on here but that was for the pre-facelift Ep3 :lol:

If people actually read them we'd have half the current number of posts! :lol:

Just looked through my manual and it has no advice on re-programming other than to consult the Main Dealer.

I have checked (honest!) and its not there, I need to do mine hence looked here first but no luck, it may be that it can be done without the dealer involved but not stated in handbook that I can see.

I have checked (honest!) and its not there, I need to do mine hence looked here first but no luck, it may be that it can be done without the dealer involved but not stated in handbook that I can see.
Fair enough.

It's very easy mate, sit in the car with the doors closed, put the key in the ignition and turn to the first click, then the next bit needs to be done four times in succession turn the key to acc then press the lock button on the fob then turn back to 1. After the fourth time the locks will cycle to say it is in programming mode, press the lock button on all fobs 1 at a time and each time the locks will cycles to say it's programmed. Take the key out of the ignition and test.

Any issues pm me :)

This is how to program a new fob/remote on a facelift (2004-) civic type-r. You can buy fobs on ebay for about £10-15. It is easy!

Honda Programming Notes:

1) Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work.
You must reprogram all the transmitters once you’re in programming mode. The system accepts up to three transmitters.

2) To keep the system from exiting the programming mode, complete each step within 5 seconds of the previous step, and program the transmitters within 10 seconds of each other.

Steps:

1) Turn the ignition switch ON (ll).

2) Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on one of the transmitters. (A non-programmed transmitter can be used for this step.)

3) Turn the ignition switch OFF (0).

4) Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 two more times with the transmitter used in step 2.

5) Turn the ignition switch ON (ll).

6) Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on the same transmitter. Check that the power door locks cycle to confirm that you are in the programming mode.

7) Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on each transmitter. (You can program up to four transmitters per vehicle.) Check that the power door locks cycle after you push each transmitter button, confirming that the system has accepted the transmitters code.

Courtesy of mjhamilton on http://civictype-r.co.uk

I still have to try it yet as im waiting for my battery to recharge its dead flat:smt088

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks reckoy it sounds similar to what ive pasted in.
I'll let you know how it goes- when i get new car battery unless this recharge works

Back