• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

facelift or not

Hi, I'm not very knowledgeable on the type r but want to spend £4-5k max. So Im wondering is it worth getting a facelift edition (seems to be from 53 on some cars..rather than 04?) with higher miles like 75-85k (max) or get a lower mile older version which might have as low as 50k on? Will it annoy me if I get a non facelift? :)

I got the Pre-Facelift, 52 plate with low miles and never regretted it. Only thing I am slightly jealous of is the facelift front lights, but I plan on buying a set and fitting them to mine anyway.

Personally I really prefer the look of the front end on the facelift ones. But if you're a man with a budget then a different front bumper shouldn't be too much of an influence on you. Something with 30k less miles will always be a better buy.

Personally I'd hold out and save a bit longer to increase my budget to allow for a lower mileage facelift but that's me. In your case I'd probably go for the facelift still because I think it looks a bit fresher and the red & black interior is nice.

Milanochris is selling a mint ep3 I think it's a pre face lift but has had facelift lights fitted, if you don't have a very big budget then you need to make sure you find one that has been well looked after

Milanochris is selling a mint ep3 I think it's a pre face lift but has had facelift lights fitted, if you don't have a very big budget then you need to make sure you find one that has been well looked after
Thanks, however it's got the original lights on, just facelifted interior.

Dont forget the K20's are hard as nails, so as above, if they have been looked after and havent been starved of oil 75k miles isn't an issue, there are a lot of 100k EP3's which are still in perfect running order.

Just get the newest, lowest mileage, best condition you can afford/find.

Thanks for everyones views, much appreciated. I shall take it all on board whilst on the hunt. Think I'd be happy with either model as long as its a good one.

Interesting, thanks, just read that. I was wondering also are all 53 plates facelift versions does anyone know?

No, you can get some very early facelifts on a 53 but you can get some late pre-facelifts on a 04.

That was around the time the facelifts came out.

No, you can get some very early facelifts on a 53 but you can get some late pre-facelifts on a 04.

That was around the time the facelifts came out.

Had to re-read this about 4 times :) so some 53 plates are facelift (and some arent) and some 04s are not facelift?

Here for sale is my 53 plate Cosmic Grey Honda Civic Type R Facelift with air conditioning, the car has covered just over 88,800 miles and will continue to increase due to daily use. The car was originally registered in January 2004 even though it is on a 53 plate, this is due to the cross over to 04 plates being after January. Since owning the car it has honestly never let me down and has been a joy to own. Having already owned one previously I can say that this one drives alot better than my old one and feels alot tighter. The car has been maintained to the highest standard with only top quality products being used.

The car is modified but like I said earlier only the best quality parts have been used and listed below.

HKS Hi Power Cat Back Exhaust with bung (4 Months Old)
Tegiwa M Induction Kit (2 Months Old)
PRC Inlet (DC5 Inlet, not fitted to the car but will be supplied)
E-Tech Front Upper Strut Brace
ES Engine Mount Inserts
Clockwise Motion Drop In Sump
Quaife LSD
Clutch Masters Lightened & Balanced Flywheel
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch (Covered about 1500 miles since fitted)
Stoptech Front Brake Discs
Stoptech Front Brake Pads
JDM Red Floor Matts
17" Evo Enkie Alloys (2 Tyres will need changing soon)
OEM Style Carbon Spoiler (Standard Spoiler can be supplied)
OEM Style Carbon Fibre Bonnet (Standard Bonnet can be supplied but has a crease and a dent in it)

The car was recently serviced, engine oil, oil filter and gearbox oil whilst having the clutch, sump baffle, engine mount inserts fitted. This was carried out by Steve at Grinspeed in Preston who is currently a mechanic for Fords WRC team so you can be rest assured that the quality of the job was second to none.

Also within the last couple of weeks I had the front brake discs and pads changed as they were worn down. I replaced them with Stoptech Grooved and Dimpled Discs and Stoptech brake pads as well and also had the brake fluid changed as well, all of this costing £240 as I got them fitted cheap by a mechanic friend of mine and can say that they feel a lot more responsive and have a better bite than before they were changed.

The car has always been let to warm up before going above 3,000rpm and even then is driven sensibly to save on fuel.

The valve clearances were also checked and adjusted around 2 months ago so they will not need to be checked again for a while. The car is currently taxed and MOT'd until January 2012 but i can have the car MOT'd for the new buyer if I get what I want for the car.

Now the bad points, every car has them so there’s no point in trying to shy away from them. The rear bumper seems to of had a respray by one of the previous owners but the body shop did not separate the rear bumper and rear valance and where the 2 join there is now some paint flaking. It’s never really bothered me to be honest as its not very noticeable but thought i would just say. Also the 2 rear tires could do with being changed as well and the wheels could do with a refurb which I was going to have done after winter. The Carbon Fiber Bonnet has a crack in the lacquer where somebody sat on it. Just needs relaquering, had a quote of £150 from a body shop to strip back the old lacquer and then applying new lacquer. I was going to get this done after winter as well.

I’m asking £4700 as a lot of the modifications have been done within the last 3 months so are far from old. The price can be adapted with removing modifications from the car for standard parts but I will need plenty of warning about this so I can source standard parts. Test drives are available to potential buyers with prove of fully comprehensive cover. If this can not be provided then I will be happy to take you out in it for a drive.

IT really be a shame to see the car go but I feel that having had 2 Honda’s now I need to move on to another car and let somebody else enjoy this car. All the modifications done to the car really do work well with each other especially the LSD as it absolutely transforms the handling and in my opinion should have come standard on the car.

I will get some more pictures of the car soon but please feel free to give me a call or text with any questions you may have. My number is 07585006995.

The car is located in Wilmslow, SK9 postcode near Manchester.

Many Thanks
David Lancaster

IMG_5861edit-1.jpg

IMG_5809-3.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_5806-3.jpg

Cabron Fibre OEM Spoiler
IMG_5811-3.jpg

Evo 8 Enkie Wheels
IMG_5814-3.jpg

Interior Photos

IMG_6752-4.jpg

IMG_6751-4.jpg

IMG_6754-4.jpg

This was taken when the valve clearances were done.
IMG_4309.jpg

Clockwise Motion Sump Baffle
IMG_0459.jpg

Paint Flake on Rear Valance
IMG_6747-4.jpg

Crack In Bonnet Laquer
IMG_6748-4.jpg

IMG_6749-4.jpg

Back