• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fan speed dial illumination

Hi,
For a while the illumination for the fan speed dial has been a little tempremental on my 54 plate CTR. It works most of the time, and when it doesn't it usaully comes back on within 10 minutes if driving or so.

Had the dash out on my CTR this afternoon to fit a Connects2 Aux input and thought I'd be able to see the bulb holders for the panel. but it is a sealed unit. Has anyone taken this unit apart to replace the bulbs, or are they LEDs integral to the circuit board?

It was getting too dark and cold to investigate any more today so the dash was built back up and i'll sort out the problem at a later date.

On a side note, the Aux input device is fantastic. With my Sony Ericsson mobile used as an mp3 player the sound quality is brilliant.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

i replaced the bulbs in my heater controls a couple of months ago.
once you have the whole silver console bit out there should be three or four screws holding the heater controls on to it. remove the heater control as the bulbs are hidden on the side when fitted.
best to replace both bulbs as if one has gone the other wont be far away from going aswell.
hope this helps mate

oh and remember to take the three knobs and rings off of the front before you pull the heater unit from the rear of the console

Back