• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fans not working

Hi Guys.

Neither of my fans are working on my FN2. tested both of them on own power supply and they work, same with the relay. Where on earth is the coolant sensor?

Thanks

Hi mate,
If I recall there is a couple of sensors one will be on the side of the cylinder head gearbox side which is sensor 1 there is also a sensor at the bottom of the radiator sensor 2. The model was prone to the to sensor 2 letting water into the connector corroding the wiring and the terminals on the sensor. I would check sensor two 1st.

Hi mate,
If I recall there is a couple of sensors one will be on the side of the cylinder head gearbox side which is sensor 1 there is also a sensor at the bottom of the radiator sensor 2. The model was prone to the to sensor 2 letting water into the connector corroding the wiring and the terminals on the sensor. I would check sensor two 1st.

Thanks.. Found the bottom one. Think there was a small leak. Seems easy enough to replace... drain, unclip and then remove sensor and refil. Made the mistake of taking out clip and not putting it fully back...now engine warning light on (even though I pushed clip back)... will this go away once ive replace sensor??

Thanks

Might need to get reset it will think there has been a open circuit with the sensor. You could try disconnecting the battery and leaving it a while then reconnecting might reset it for you. Was the terminals ok in the multi plug? There were bad for corroding sometimes the pins from the sensor would break off and stay in the plug.

Might need to get reset it will think there has been a open circuit with the sensor. You could try disconnecting the battery and leaving it a while then reconnecting might reset it for you. Was the terminals ok in the multi plug? There were bad for corroding sometimes the pins from the sensor would break off and stay in the plug.

***Update**** replaced sensor under rad (Old one heavily corroded) and refilled with fresh coolant. No engine light :)
HOWEVER still no AC and NO fans work.

I believe I here a click from the relay, but the pulley air con thingy is'nt spinning. The sensor that I replaced under the rad what is that for...AC? or for when car over heats?

Thanks

***Update**** replaced sensor under rad (Old one heavily corroded) and refilled with fresh coolant. No engine light :)
HOWEVER still no AC and NO fans work.

I believe I here a click from the relay, but the pulley air con thingy is'nt spinning. The sensor that I replaced under the rad what is that for...AC? or for when car over heats?

Thanks

The sensor you replaced will be for the cooling system not the air con. They were common for air con compressed relays but that relay isn’t for the fans they will have a separate relay. When you switch the air con on the fans should run even if the air con compressor is engaged or not. It sounds like a power supply issue fuse or relay etc.

Back