• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FAO anyone who's with A-Plan

It's that time of year again when i need to renew the insurance on the CTR. I've just had a long chat with A-Plan who were very accommodating and didn't get pee'd with me given the number of questions i was firing at them :oops: :oops: .

They have quoted me £569.00 protected NCB with what mods i have declared. Which is £150 better than my renewal from Elephant :eek:

Having read the long thread a little further down about A-Plan is that it seems quite a few peeps on here have had their insurance with them or still do and some (SikBoy) seems to have 3 policies with them.

The one they say is best for me is a French based company called Groupama apparently very highly recognised and won insurance company of the year several years running not so long ago. Problem is i can't mind much about them!!!

What i'm after is which insurance companies have they actually placed your policies with?? And how have you found them??

I'm sure you've already read my thread Kev, but mine is with Marcus Study and Lee (spacemonkey) has already reassured me they are fine but you seem to be underwritten by someone else?

at the end of the day- any dealing would (i guess) be through A-PLan anyways, so i think it shouldnt be a problem.

On that note, i dont think i've received any documentation from A-PLan yet? :confused:

HTH

I'm sure you've already read my thread Kev, but mine is with Marcus Study and Lee (spacemonkey) has already reassured me they are fine but you seem to be underwritten by someone else?

at the end of the day- any dealing would (i guess) be through A-PLan anyways, so i think it shouldnt be a problem.

On that note, i dont think i've received any documentation from A-PLan yet? :confused:

HTH

Cheers fella, yeah i read your thread and have tried to read most of them that involve any comments regarding A-Plan. A-Plan seem to be very respected as an intermediary (sp?) and as mentioned quite afew people have had very competative quotes from them.

i'd try all the ones that are recommended and A-plan came out with the cheapest quote so just went with them.

:smt023

i'd try all the ones that are recommended and A-plan came out with the cheapest quote so just went with them.

:smt023

Thats pretty much what i have done. Sky quoted about £50 cheaper still but they seem to 'new kids on the block' so to speak and they only offer £50,000 legal expenses where as everyone else offers £100,000. I'm sure noone would ever need that much but it's better to be safe than sorry!!!!

Cheers for your comments :smt023

I like dealing with A-Plan, they did me a great deal as I have come from a company car with 0 NCB and even mirrored my NCB on the EK9 and AE86! Caz has been with them for a couple of years.

I do however always ring around.

Right just spoke to my pal....they ARE the insurer, so not underwritten by anyone else.

He said they are a good company & he's never had any grief with a claim with them.

Also said they are HUGE in France.
Sounds like your onto a winner ;)

Right just spoke to my pal....they ARE the insurer, so not underwritten by anyone else.

He said they are a good company & he's never had any grief with a claim with them.

Also said they are HUGE in France.
Sounds like your onto a winner ;)

Ahhh, my fellow monkey your help and connections have excelled you once again. As always the knowledge and info you've given is muchos appreciated. What your mate has said has backed up what the chap at A-Plan said and has put my mind at rest 100%.

I'm going to ring A-Plan tomorrow and pass them my credit card details ;) :smt023 Cheers again chap, i'm sure we'll meet at some point and when we do i shall buy you a beer :D

Groupama are a huge insurance company and deal with all sorts of insurance, not just cars. I've had many dealings with them in the past when I was a financial adviser. Very solid and secure company and come claim time (heaven forbid of course) they are excellent by all accounts. :D

No worries Kev ;)

Groupama are a huge insurance company and deal with all sorts of insurance, not just cars. I've had many dealings with them in the past when I was a financial adviser. Very solid and secure company and come claim time (heaven forbid of course) they are excellent by all accounts. :D

Cheers again guys, i called A-Plan yesterday and gave them my C/C details. They have my business this year and elephant can go suck.

You better chase that up, Gary. I got my documentation 2 days after I hung up the phone. :lol:

yeah, i rang them not long after my last post and received them a few days after.

they had sent them to my old address as i got a quote from them last year :confused:

anyways, when the documentation came, there are a few errors on them so will need to call them and speak to them about it!

Just to add my experience

been with them for 2 years now, and when I had to claim a couple of months ago (write-off), I received the replacement money well before the car was officially written off (private plate, so had to transfer that 1st before I could send off my V5)

Never had any problems and well recommended. They also do imports as well, so will stick with them for my next project

Back