• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FAO DC5 owners.

Ped

What side repeaters are fitted to your cars. And do everyones match everyone elses?

I've got a JDM EP3 and am stuck on what to do with mine. One of mine broke, cannot/couldn't find replacement so fitted cheap universal ones. They are **** so want something to replace them properly.

I bought white ones with silvertech bulbs about 3 years ago. I couldn't tell you what they were now but i think i got them from autobulbs or something?

I've sorted a replacement for mine after finding a manufactures name on the original lens. Turns out they use them on Caravans. :lol: not to worry, they look smart :D

I removed the horrible looking side repeaters on mine.
Touched up the holes drilled in the wing.
Tidied and electric taped the wiring and tucked in the wing.
Found the best looking orange lenses I could on eBay.
Sanded them down so they would fit awesomely.
Stuck them on.

They look nice and clean, but they don't flash orange when I indicate.... I couldn't even give a f*ck. They are just wing hole coverings, the fact the wings are butchered to fit that nonsense at import is a crime!

I agree completely xdcx. How about MOT times? Get problems? If not, i would seriesly consider getting them filled and resprayed. :lol:

I agree completely xdcx. How about MOT times? Get problems? If not, i would seriesly consider getting them filled and resprayed. :lol:

No problems for me come MOT time :lol: Although, it would probably be better if it did cause me MOT failure as it would actually make me get them filled and resprayed :lol:

Do you not need them for it to pass MOT then? If smoothed off?

If there is no lights there to work/not work, how can they test/fail it? ;)

There is the odd import that's somehow got through SVA with no side repeaters and these all pass MOT with not sketchyness. If it ain't there, it can't fail :)

Interesting. I wonder why they are on the SVA test in the first place then. As I thought the whole idea was to make it UK MOT compliant.

As far as I am aware, as long as you can see an indicator of some sort, ie one of the front or rear, when looking at the side of the car, you dont need side repeaters.

Back