• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fast road, lowering and speed bumps.

j

Banned
Sorry it is in the wrong place, but I need a quick answer

I want to book my car into APB this weekend (if possable) for a fast set up and perhaps to be lowered.

Several questions -

If it is lowered how much difference does it make to everyday handerling? and what is a good amount?

Will it scrape on every speed bump.?(I live in a road full of them)

Is there any point? Or will London roads just nock the stuffing out of it again.

Thanks

It lowers the car around 30mm or so. I did scrape a few speed bumps but nothing to bad. It also does make the ride somewhat firmer. But well worth the improvement. I have had the ABP lowering set up for over a year now and it is still as good as ever.

I will add however once I added my Jackson header it made the front of the exhaust where the cat would normaly go sit lower than normal. Now this has made the scraping more pronounced and means I do have to take bumps extra slowly. Worth thinking about if you indend to add (or allready have) a header. But again nothing you cannot live with.

Thanks for that, I am booked in on monday for a fast road setup at apb so I will see what they have to say.

G said:
It lowers the car around 30mm or so. I did scrape a few speed bumps but nothing to bad. It also does make the ride somewhat firmer. But well worth the improvement. I have had the ABP lowering set up for over a year now and it is still as good as ever.

I will add however once I added my Jackson header it made the front of the exhaust where the cat would normaly go sit lower than normal. Now this has made the scraping more pronounced and means I do have to take bumps extra slowly. Worth thinking about if you indend to add (or allready have) a header. But again nothing you cannot live with.

Ok all booked in to be droped be 30 mm.

G you say thet they use APB springs, are these made for APB or is it worth changing to TEIN or Eibach?

Thanks

Hmm as far as I know they are made to ABP's specs in regards to spring rates etc etc. Not sure on the difference in rates between those and the Tein springs. However ABP can fit those instead if you want. I am sure they would work just as well.

I would say that the ABP ones lower it too much.

Eibach springs are one of the best out there.

I have tried Teins, they were good. Now i have the Spoon Progressive, and i think have been the best so far.

Awesam said:

You're a wimp! :p

Only bad point with ABP springs is that they are not progressive. There are better springs out there for similar money i.e. Apex.

Funky said:
Awesam said:

You're a wimp! :p

Only bad point with ABP springs is that they are not progressive. There are better springs out there for similar money i.e. Apex.

Just cos u live in the middle of nowhere with no speed bumps or potholes, plus u have a runaround for work, so how do u know whats it like to drive the ctr through these conditions!!

U only take u r car out of the stable once a week if u r lucky!

so whos the wimp now!!! :lol: :D :lol:

All done with Tein and a fast set up at APB (very nice people).

After 300 miles on the moterway I need to find some twisty bits :twisted: :lol:

Back