• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fast road pads? red or green stuff?

hey all, recently bought an EP3 civic and i want to uprate the brakes as they feel quite poor considering the speeds the car is capable ov. Any advice on the best discs and pads available that wont be too much of a pain to use daily?

when you say blank discs......you men not drilled or grooved? My brother had ferodo's on his evo an they squeeled quite a bit at low speed braking!

Yes. Not drilled or grooved.

They can squeal a little bit but the performance outweighs the noise.

I went from red stuff to the DS2500 and the difference is very noticeable, I am using drilled & grooved discs and have no noise what so ever. They are a great pad :)

Regards
Baz

Don't use drilled discs! grooved are OK but you will see more wear on the pads. For road driving blank discs are more than capable for what you need.

I have found no excessive wear on the pads with my discs, they appear to be very dusty though, but having grey wheels its not too much of a problem. I have used drilled and grooved discs for many years and on many cars and never had issues with excessive wear, depends a lot on driving style I spose. I used to sprint race my cars and needed brakes that bit well from cold and the DS2500's do that very well.

Regards
Baz

Standard Honda discs, DS2500s, braided lines, and a good fluid.

What tyres are you running out of interest OP?

Ill have a look around and see whats what on ebay, ill be replacing the discs anyway just for the sake of it!
Its running evergreens at the moment because i needed them within a few hours, a couple of days after i bought it, i was told i was driving *** to leeds so there the only ones i could get to the garage that morning! Not to worried about that at the moment as the camber needs setting, looks like someone has replaced a single shocky and not realised the camber needs to be set!

Do braided lines make alot of difference, I'm thinking about getting DS2500's front and back. I'm guessing ill notice a big difference from OEM pads?

Sorry did you mean a huge difference to the braided lines or to the OEM pads?
Ah ok im guessing DS2500's on the rear is overkill?

Those who have recommended the DS2500 are not wrong, I took the advice and used them on a track day, incrediable braking with OEM discs.

Back