• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Fast Road Set Up

Hi all
Just booked my EP3 in for Fast Road Set Up at ABP Motorsports on 22/8/2015
Heard quite allot about this Modification and looking forward to get them set up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ignored this mod on my first ep3 and went down other routes, but did this as first thing on my newer ep3 after realising its best way to go.

I was sceptical about the FRSU and thought can it really make that much difference, but it does.
Turn in feels much more precise, haven't experienced understeer once since getting it done.
More lift-off oversteer yes :lol: and I do now purposely try to get the back end out.
But still feels very stable with foot planted round long fast bends

Are you on lowering springs or going to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I ignored this mod on my first ep3 and went down other routes, but did this as first thing on my newer ep3 after realising its best way to go.

I was sceptical about the FRSU and thought can it really make that much difference, but it does.
Turn in feels much more precise, haven't experienced understeer once since getting it done.
More lift-off oversteer yes :lol: and I do now purposely try to get the back end out.
But still feels very stable with foot planted round long fast bends

Are you on lowering springs or going to be?

Yeah Iv heard allot about the Fast Road Set Up
Spoke to Rich at ABP Motorsports and he recommends this modification
My car is completely standard
I just have standard springs

TBH my shocks are pretty tired and were questionable at the last service so might be a bit pointless to get a FRSU done if I may be replacing both up front!

interesting thread, I also have the same question
g.png

I can't say mine is a FRSU as it's a bit more than that, but here's my setup:

Bilstein B16 coilovers ( F 10kg R 16kg)
Progress 24mm rear roll bar
Caster increase bushes
Polybushed rear hubs
Rack Raiser
Modified Steering arms
Eibach rear camber arms

And the car handles super! The chassis has been totally transformed, before it used to be, the tyres were too good for the chassis, but now it seems like a great match. Very little understeer and the rear roll bar certainly keeps the rear end in check.

Would definately recommend at least a JDM rear roll bar to go with FRSU.

I can't say mine is a FRSU as it's a bit more than that, but here's my setup:

Bilstein B16 coilovers ( F 10kg R 16kg)
Progress 24mm rear roll bar
Caster increase bushes
Polybushed rear hubs
Rack Raiser
Modified Steering arms
Eibach rear camber arms

And the car handles super! The chassis has been totally transformed, before it used to be, the tyres were too good for the chassis, but now it seems like a great match. Very little understeer and the rear roll bar certainly keeps the rear end in check.

Would definately recommend at least a JDM rear roll bar to go with FRSU.

Hi mate
That will be on my next to do list front and rear anti roll bars and drop links

Hello mate
Just waiting for next Saturday to get them fitted
And I will let you know how they response on the car

Hi mate got my Fast Road Set Up done
Eibach front camber bolts and Eibach rear camber arms
Feels good on the road sticks to the ground
and great around corners

FRSU and the JDM rear ARB, great combo. Especially if you're on springs or coilovers. This is my setup:

VMAXX coilovers
Eibach rear camber arms
JDM rear ARB (polybushed)
Polybushed front ARB
Rack raiser
FRSU

Back