• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fast Road Setup

RickHondaR

R-32840
Does anybody now the standard fast road set-up angles i.e. tracking and camber as im very tempted to have this done but contacted both ABP and TDI but neither on completion of works will tell me the settings hence if I kerb the car is a 160mile round trip to get the tracking redone,
new_cussing.gif
So after lot of thought would rather buy the arms form ABP and fit my self and get local Honda dealer to set-up that way I don’t need a day of work to take the car and if I kerb it etc can get retracked local not a 160 mile round trip

i have heard
-1 negative camber all round

1mm toe out front
1 0r 2mm toe in at the back

but is this a typical fast road i.e even tyre wear and longer tyre life or more a track set i.e car grips at all costs but eats tyre's

That won't be aggressive on tyres really mate, it'll just help the car feel more planted and stable:)

anyone know more of a track/super fast road set up?

might beable to shoot over elite tyres after my mapping session tomora...

was thinking around...

-2 on front

-1 rear camber

1/2mm toe out front

1mm toe in at back?

maybe get ready for brands on the 27th... I hear tgm gona be there in hes dc5, maybe Anouar too>?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go -2 or -2.5 neg camber all round.

Shouldnt be tooooo harsh on the tyres, but will be a wicked ''fast track'' setup.

And yeah, Tom and Anouar are at Brands on the 27th

Hey Dynax,

I'm trying to remove some of the camber i have on the rear,

give it a lil less planted feel make the back end a lil lighter to turn in ect, dial offsome understeer so to speak.

thats why i wana try -1 rather then the -1.6 / -1.8 iam used too

Having seen you drive Spence you could easily run less on the rear that the front, and I run parallel toe on the rear just to help the front tuck in, but i'm going to be taking more camber off the rear and making the rear a bit more loose again next time i get it done, as for the front i forget what i'm running toe wise.

dragonflyjade what settings did you have put on your car and how do you rate it and tyre wear now?
think im going to see them monday they dont seem to think i will deed camber adjusters to alter tyre wear problems he advises to check car then go from there but will advise of all settings used on the car

Last edited by a moderator:
That won't be aggressive on tyres really mate, it'll just help the car feel more planted and stable:)

but will it feel more planted and better wear on the tyres i.e wear even hence last longer (i dont do track days)

Rick.

Centre of Gravity are very good.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=48914&highlight=Centre+Gravity

I went to Nottingham Car4Wheel Alignment in Basford, Notts. Very good guys - thirty minutes on the ramps and print out given after all the work is done.

been today well happy

camber on front -0.35, rear left - 0.2, rear right - 0.1 toe out +0.4 instead of -0.4 he says this will stop front inside edges scrubbing

car drives great does not pull only problem is the rear left camber, but this does not scrub the tyre that much so wont bother with camber adjusters as car drive and handles great

Spence

Youll probably find you can only get -2.3 camber on the front pax side as youll start to toe in loads .
If you want a loose rear end set the toe to out but keep the camber same all round

I just made myself a super strong curry, I rekon I will have a loose rear end later :D

Back