• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

fast road setup

hi guys

massive noob question here im guessin :) but what does a fast road setup consist of?? and roughly how much would it cost?

And judging by some comments its worth it :)

first car ive had worth moddin so im new to everythin :p

thnx

You need springs. Eibach's are used a lot these days, I had spoon springs.

You'll then need Some adjustable rear arms & camber bolts for the front.

I've been running spoon springs for a while without any camber adjusters and my rear tyres are slicks on the inside edge and up to 4mm tread on the outer edge so it's a complete ball ache replacing tyres that have only had a half life.

The front tyres are perfect, so the front may not be as important.

You can just have the front camber bolts and rear adjustable arms, on the FN2 the price is around £160, but would be more for EP3 as mine only has shims on rear so is extra cost for the adjustable arms.

If you want go further with suspension then you could also add some new springs and even shocks if money no object. I've just had mine done and car is loads better than before so I would recommend it :)

cool thanks guys

dont really think i wanna lower it, as Darlington is notorious for its hideous speed bumps :) i may do at some point in the future ***

a friend recommended getting some sway bars aswell, but wasnt sure if it was necessary? and if I do get them are they easy to fit??? (yes im a tight arse and begrudge paying garage prices :))

so was thinking of getting:
Eibach PRO-ALIGNMENT Camber Arm - £100ish
Eibach PRO-ALIGNMENT Camber Bolts (16mm) - £20ish

for the time being... and then maybe get the Eibach Anti-Roll-Kit (Both Front & Rear Sway Bars) next? and then finally onto the Eibach springs if i change my mind :)

whats the difference between their Pro-Kit and Sportline Kit???? or is it just one drops lower than the other?

You only need the front anti roll bar if you are upgrading your manifold.

Back