• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Faulty Eibach bolts?

Has anyone heard of faulty Eibach camber bolts? Have there been any recalls?
I've been told by a garage that they sometimes work themselves loose!
Thanks

No, they fitted the bolts when it was in for a geometry set up. They then came loose causing the steering to be all over the place. I took the wheels off to check it out and found they were loose!! :-o
So when I called to kick up sh** they told me about a known fault that has only come to light recently. They said that they have emails from Eibach UK discussing the matter if I wanted to see copies!
I've never heard of it so just wondering if anyone else has.

Mine worked loose because the bolt only has so much thread on it and consequently the nut couldn't be properly tightened up.

It's a simple enough fix, a washer or two on each bolt to reduce the amount the nut needs to be tightened. Nothing complicated or expensive about it and I think most places have figured it out without needing to contact Eibach about it! :lol:

Sorry John i don't quite understand what you mean :-/
Could you possibly describe that again, I'm a bit confused!!

I never used them on mine as i couldn't trust them for that reason. Why spend £100 having your geo set up and then hit the slightest bump and have it all knocked out. I just lived with the camber as it was.

Being engineering oriented i've never seen something so gash being used on a part of a car that is so critical. Stay well away IMO.

The nut tightens up to a point that there is no more thread on the bolt for you to tighten it up properly.

Put a washer or two between the nut and the supplied tabbed washer.

eib_camber_adj_kit.jpg

The do come with a couple that space it out already, but my guess is they've not been fitted.

127-m.jpg

This doesn't have an extra washer, just the supplied tabbed one:
maxresdefault.jpg

[video=youtube;k_W0w_V0p5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_W0w_V0p5k[/video]

John thanks. Much clearer lol.
The supplied spacers/washers were fitted. I'll see what they say about fitting the washers. Either that, or I'm sticking with the good old oem as said by the guru.
After all I have adjustable top mounts on my coilovers, so they aren't actually needed. The reason then were added was because I couldn't get enough negative camber as a steering rack raiser bracket was fitted. Need to get the arms shortened and re threaded.

John thanks. Much clearer lol.
The supplied spacers/washers were fitted. I'll see what they say about fitting the washers. Either that, or I'm sticking with the good old oem as said by the guru.
After all I have adjustable top mounts on my coilovers, so they aren't actually needed. The reason then were added was because I couldn't get enough negative camber as a steering rack raiser bracket was fitted. Need to get the arms shortened and re threaded.

Yes, this is the non gash way of adjusting the camber. Stick with that matey!! ;)

Back