• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Faulty window and Cruise control

Today i was traveling along the motor way pressed for cruise control the light come up i press the button to set it and nothing. I recently had a new clutch fitted i have looked around the clutch and all the wires are clipped in. Then i go out again and arrive back at home with my windows down i go to put them up and passenger one stays down there has been no strange noises from the motor, took door card off all seems visually fine had battery off and checked fuses. Am i looking at a new regulator here or would i of heard tell tale signs before it pops its cloggs. Its just dead completly. Anyone else any any similar problems

Is the lockout button for the windows pressed on the drivers side controls? It locks both switches from operating the passenger window.

Cruise control could be the clutch pedal sensor switch. It could have got disturbed during the change or the pedal isn't disengaging enough to push the switch back.

I thought if that button was pressed i couldn't operate any window.

well they told me they adjusted the clutch from the pedal and hasn't worked since. will it need re adjusting because i have looked around that area and all plugs are in

Is the lockout button for the windows pressed on the drivers side controls? It locks both switches from operating the passenger window.

Cruise control could be the clutch pedal sensor switch. It could have got disturbed during the change or the pedal isn't disengaging enough to push the switch back.

You have got me thinking now haha i need to get to my car to see if that button is in

Back