• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 FD2 Buying

Hello

Please could someone give Me Advice on which Fd2 i would be better Purchasing as its all New to Me.

I have been looking around Online alot and the 2 Cars that keep sticking out to Me is a 2010 plate with 16000miles in Championship White with added extras - Mugen Exhaust, Wind Deflectors, Front Spoiler, Honda Modulo Adjustable Suspenion and Flash Pro Programmer retailing at 20k.
The other one again is in Championship White with Mugen Wind Deflectors, 2007 plate with 45000 miles retailing at 15k

Any Feedback would be Appreciated

Cheers

As I've said both are about the right money. The 10 plate one has some nice bits on it but the 07 plate is cheaper allowing you to spend the extra where you would want it. If anything the 07 plate is £2k over priced though I doubt you'd knock the seller down.

To put it into respective I sold my mint 58 plate FD2 with Flashpro, Kakimoto cat back, Skunk2 intake, Jonster decat pipe, racing logic coilovers and Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2s plus all the OEM bits for £15k and that was a fair price I reckon. I wanted £16k but buyers come along so seldom I took the hit.

The 10 plate is a facelift which essentially means it has different rear lights and electrically folding mirrors which the 07 one doesn't.

The thing that put a downer on FD2 ownership for me is that it is a hell of a lot of money for a pretty basic car and the only thing you are getting is a bit of exclusivity and the best K20 engine ever made. Plus it took 3 months for me to get a new bumper over from Japan (that reminds me, I've still got the old bumper in the attic that I need to put up for sale).

To put it into perspective the 10 plate FD2 owner went on to get a lovely 60 plate Focus RS Lux1 in white and coincidentally I bought a 13 plate new shape Focus ST-2, both without putting much to what we got for the FD2s.

I very nearly put my money in a pre-modded 10 plate FN2 with OEM LSD and would have spent the remaining £4k I would have had in my pocket on more mods. It would have made a much better daily than the FD2 IMHO, but you do see FN2s on a daily basis where I never saw another FD2 on the road while I owned mine.

It all depends on what you want.

Cheers Lad

Gives me alot more info now way out me jumping the gun and last thing i want is any Regrets.

Tbh i just want a Good Replacement for my Evo and FD2s seemed a good option goin along way the same sort of look and being Rare i like but yeah as you mentioned the Price is Scarey for the Age when buying a Newer car along the same power or more for less.

The Search goes on...

I was set on an FD2, but bought a M200 instead.

Mine is a 2010 with 24K miles and was £5.5k cheaper than a comparable FD2. You'd still get rarity, CW and with the LSD, in real world it'd be unnoticeable that its marginally slower than an FD2. Plus you'll get loads of creature comforts and in my opinion a better looking car.

Funny you should say that Welshy, right after my reply to Loxy i was on the Search again and did see 1 or 2 M200s Maself, like the Styling of them especialy way more Mugen bits than whats on it already.

Reviews ive been looking on them aint too bad, would like to Join the Honda band wagon and with out going the M20 way what would be very difficult anyway i think the M200 could be next option.

I had doubts inbetween agreeing to buy and picking car up, if I'd always feel like I'd settled. They went immediately when I drove it.

Reviews all say the FD2 is the best Type R ever, which I'd agree with when I drove one. However that was for a short time-couldn't live with one as my daily/motorway drive.

Would've been nice to have 5 doors as I have a little girl, but there's plenty of room in the back at the moment. Few years and I may have to consider the new CTR :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah know what your saying lad

Ats great though, Driving it for the 1st time you'll soon know how you feel about it and hope its the same for me if i get the chance to do so.

I did read alot about the FD2 being the best maself ats why i looked into them straight away, i have never driven one but i bet it is some experience.

Good your happy way the M200 and its spacious for yas

The upcoming CTR is some thought:)

Hello

Please could someone give Me Advice on which Fd2 i would be better Purchasing as its all New to Me.

I have been looking around Online alot and the 2 Cars that keep sticking out to Me is a 2010 plate with 16000miles in Championship White with added extras - Mugen Exhaust, Wind Deflectors, Front Spoiler, Honda Modulo Adjustable Suspenion and Flash Pro Programmer retailing at 20k.
The other one again is in Championship White with Mugen Wind Deflectors, 2007 plate with 45000 miles retailing at 15k

Any Feedback would be Appreciated

Cheers

Just seen this thread .The 2010 car you have been looking at is my old car. It's in perfect condition if your looking for one.

I've owned a CW FN2 and 2 FD2's. The FD2 is a much better car if your looking for a bit of fun on a drive ,the FN2 is a bit dull for my taste.
You can use the FD2 as a daily if you have the right suspension set up.
Hope that helps you make your mind up.

Just seen this thread .The 2010 car you have been looking at is my old car. It's in perfect condition if your looking for one.

I've owned a CW FN2 and 2 FD2's. The FD2 is a much better car if your looking for a bit of fun on a drive ,the FN2 is a bit dull for my taste.
You can use the FD2 as a daily if you have the right suspension set up.
Hope that helps you make your mind up.

Hello Stuart

Oh was it, very Nice car indeed

Thanks for your info

Ive Still no Purchased anything yet but will consider everything thats been said and go from there :)

Stuart was kind enough to take me out for a spin in that beauty. If you do decide to go FD2, make sure it's that one :)

I'll also be very jealous...!

Back