• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 FD2 CTR Suspension suggestion

Guys,

I really have enough of my CTR suspension and i know this car is meant for track but with the daily driving and road condition in my country i really have to change another set of suspension or spring.

Did anyone of you changed the FD2 CTR suspension or spring to other brand like TIEN? My local shop suggested me TEIN Driving Master but one of my buddy told me TEIN suspension are very hard too. So i am here seeking for experienced CTR owner who able to give me some suggestion.

Mugen? J's racing? Spoon? anything which not too cosy but with quality.

thanks for your input.

I would go for AST coilovers mate. Give powerstation a call for a price. DolphiN Tech runs them and rates them highly for road use.

How many miles have you covered in your car? When I first had mine I was really tempted to swop to ASTs but as time went on I quickly got used to the ride and now find it ok (and that's with a heavily pregnant fiancee in the car too).

If you do want to change I would recommend the ASTs, they are very expensive right now though due to them coming from Europe.

My tire pressure is 32psi but i am sure it is not the tire pressure because i can feel that it is from the suspension. Beside i cannot get any europe suspension like AST in Brunei, only japanese brand that can i find. TEIN is the most common one and for Mugen, Spoon or J's Racing i need special order.

Thanks guys..

Obviously I cannot comment on your road conditions, but your tyre pressure is set above the figures quotes by Honda. The official figures are a few psi lower and are quoted on the drivers door. Lowering the pressure will make a big difference to the ride quality so I'd be doing that first.

Obviously I cannot comment on your road conditions, but your tyre pressure is set above the figures quotes by Honda. The official figures are a few psi lower and are quoted on the drivers door. Lowering the pressure will make a big difference to the ride quality so I'd be doing that first.

This is what I was getting at - try the correct tyre pressures for free before spending a wad on the springs and inserts. Uprated suspension would normally lead to an even stiffer ride anyway - the opposite of what you are tyring to achieve. 29psi front and 26 rear is correct and it makes a huge difference to steering, braking, grip and traction as well as a more controlled ride. The car is very well damped as standard.

Note: at 42psi all round I was getting 37mpg, hyperactive ABS and uncomfortable moobs! Standard pressures give me 30mpg and a huge FUN.

J

My tire pressure is 32psi but i am sure it is not the tire pressure because i can feel that it is from the suspension. Beside i cannot get any europe suspension like AST in Brunei, only japanese brand that can i find. TEIN is the most common one and for Mugen, Spoon or J's Racing i need special order.

Thanks guys..

Do they sell Ohlins over there? Expensive but supposed to be awesome

Guys thanks for the important free try before getting a new sets of suspension where it lead you the same. I was told by the local tire expert to have it pump up tp 32psi simply because the tire will not have uneven wear due to low pressure but with no doubt i will give it a try and see how it goes. Will update you guys again soon..

Cheers

Back