• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 fd2 importer in the southwest

Hi i own a fn2 and am interested in possibly px it for a fd2.

My problem is i live in the southwest and all the importers of fd2 seem to be up north or possibly london area.

Does anyone know of a creditable importer that has fd2 in stock or coming in? because i cant commit to selling my car until at least i see a fd2 in real life and maybe even drive one

your help would be great

JT

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you've decided to buy a "real" civic, try Litchfieldimports.co.uk. You'll pay a premium but the service is great.

J

Yes but Litchfield imports are miles away from me no good just to go up there to view the car.

as with torque-gt there more nearer to me. that'll make it quite possible for me to travel down and view a car, only like a hour and a half journey.

Don't try an FD2 unless you are prepared to part with the cash. It is truely awsome piece of engineering. FN2 might fell a bit underwelming on the way home.

What have you done to your car, it doesn't look totally standard?

J

If its what i want i dont mind spending the cash i'll just get a bigger over draft lol

But yeah i just wanna see one in real life to be honest, I know what they drive like as i own a fn2 and ok ok its got alot more but basically its the same car i just wanna see what it feels like in real life because to be honest im not to keen on the standard four door saloon civic we get over here but i thought the same about the fn style civic, boggo standard civics looked rubbish i think but the minute i saw a fn2 i loved it

No my car isnt standard just a few little changes but if i keep it i want suspension, lsd, exhaust and a little more power would be great :smt047

You could get to Powerstation in 1hr30mins from there dude, surely that's not that far if you're looking to buy the car?

I'm in Wells/Shepton Mallet btw;)

I've never heard of them where are they based? yeah i would be well up for visiting them hour and a half journey isn't bad at all. this thread is all about me getting info about suppliers of the car in this area i haven't a clue where is the best place to look to be honest

No way dude im in wells at the moment, im at my gfs for the weekend if you see me about give us a beep :smt047

I've never heard of them where are they based? yeah i would be well up for visiting them hour and a half journey isn't bad at all. this thread is all about me getting info about suppliers of the car in this area i haven't a clue where is the best place to look to be honest

No way dude im in wells at the moment, im at my gfs for the weekend if you see me about give us a beep :smt047

Powerstation and Litchfield imports are next door to each other, didn't mean to confuse the issue!

They are just straight up the M5, about 30mins past Cribs Causeway ish and then 5 mins off the motorway:cool:

If you ever see a white DC2 with Green wheels about then that'll be me:lol:

Sounds kool i love dc2s Yeah what yours looks like the one off this months banzai mag lol

My mate has a dc2 james richards from street know him? (everyone does lol) uk version with black ep3 wheels on it totally mint one???

I didnt realise litchfields was so close only hour and a half away. . well maybe i'll make it up there i thought they were way more north than that. .

FN2 is not the same as FD2 at all. they are built on entirely different platforms in different countries. I don't know how many common parts they share, but I bet it's not many. I didn't want to say it but FN2 is basically a Jazz (eek, watch the buns fly (how to make enemies and alienate people)).

By the time you had suspension, LSD, etc changed on your FN2 you might as well just buy FD2 and have they benefit of independant rear suspension and stiffer body shell.

Do it, buy one, feel the difference.

J

Each to their own, but I think the FD2 looks too much like the Hybrid, which is not the prettiest of cars. I'm quite happy "Throwing" my money at the FN2 - I love the little beggar.

I didnt mean the cars are the same totally i mean they are both hondas im not gunna jump in a fd2 and be like all oh no i cant drive this, it feels all wrong, i cant get on with the tec, i cant fit in the bucket sets :lol:

Its the actual look im worried about in the pictures it looks kool dont get me wrong but in picture the hybrid looks ok its only when you get close to it its actually crap lol

If it has the same presence as lets say an evo7/8/9 or a scooby wrx im sure i will love it

It has big shoes to fill to be honest as i love my fn2

To look at FD2 CTR is an IMA hybrid with a body kit and big wheels. To drive it's more like a touring car with number plates.

If you choose style over substance, keep your FN2. Let's face it the FN2 is the looker when compared to the FD2. But if you are the kind of driver who can tell the difference between electric PAS and hydraulic PAS, or a torsion beam rear suspension and a double wishbone full independent rear suspension, an open diff to an LSD, you really should get an FD2.

You could always admire the FN2 CTR from inside an FD2 CTR as you overtake them.

Don't worry, I sound like a self-righteous arse to myself when I read this back, but I honestly believe the FN2 is a rather cynical marketing exercise and that the FD2 is the CTR that should be on sale in Honda dealerships in the UK.

Don't get me started on Clio 197...

J

Sounds kool i love dc2s Yeah what yours looks like the one off this months banzai mag lol

My mate has a dc2 james richards from street know him? (everyone does lol) uk version with black ep3 wheels on it totally mint one???

I didnt realise litchfields was so close only hour and a half away. . well maybe i'll make it up there i thought they were way more north than that. .

Yeah it's not all that different to the one that's in Banzai at the moment:lol:

I don't know James, don't often head over to Street really, but will keep my eyes peeled.

when I got mine from Litchfields I drove a 280 round trip twice to check it out and drive it. When you are considering spending FD2 money, what's a tank of gas?

Everyone who has seen my car agrees it looks a lot better in real life than the pics suggest. If you love the pics, you will really like the car in the flesh.

Give Litchfields a ring and they will be only to happy for you to go down there are drive it, Iain and Tim are great guys.

Seriously though, don't go if you are not prepared to buy. It's an awesome machine. Having driven all other type Rs and having owned an ATR for 4 years I was immediately sold and ordered one.

Thanks im gunna give my fn2 abit more time because i really do love it (and to be honest im abit worried to tell my girlfriend i want a fd2 and to get shot of the fn2 so quickly because i did say when i bought it i was gunna keep this one :rolleyes: i really think she will kill me lol)

I understand what you are saying its love with first sight with the fd2 maybe in 6 months time or so

Back