• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Rear Centre Seat Belt

Hi all,

Im looking for a bit of information on here hopefully.

I know the FD2r has 2 isofix basis in the rear and no centre rear seat belt, however the 1.3 IMA Hybrid which looks to have the same rear bench does have 3 rear seat belts. Has anyone retro fitted a 3rd centre seat belt in the rear bench. Are all the mounting holes there as I guess the chassis will be similar or identical.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Yes all the mounting holes are the same, yes you can put a hybrid rear bench in.

You will need to get it dvla inspected meaning your V5 is amended before you can use it though.

From memory, Isn't the middle of the rear bench raised on the FD2? Would be pretty uncomfortable to sit.

Not when you've replaced the entire bench from a hybrid.

You need to put the bench in or won't get passed as roadworthy.

Didn't realize he was swapping the whole thing.

I think I've got some pictures from when I had mine out whilst wiring. Will have a look through them and see if I can see any mounts.

Hi

i know they are different shells, however I did the same thing with an FN2 and Type S seats. I didn't even have any trouble with the dash showing seat belts engaged in the back. I ended up trimming the Type S seat with the Type R seats cover making it look factory fresh.

John

Back