• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 FD2 test drive

Im seriously considering it over the FN2! But still not sure about the price. Have bought a new kitchen so the missus will not be as ****ed off if I do get it:lol:

I still think the front grille looks gash......like the front of a vectra....:rolleyes:

Inside dash layout is definately not as good as the FN2..but that is my opinion ..but I suppose it is all about the performance at the end of the day...;)

Is the dash layout any different between the FD2 and FN2? Never compared side by side photos, so I thought they were identical.

An ATR owner who is impressed.

giger said:
Hi

I also drove this last weekend and it it quite a machine. Got chance to take it out in the dry and the grip levels are mind boggling. You can set it up and just plant it into corners and it doesn't budge an inch. It's got a great on cam noise as well, proper old school type R with no sound deadening.

According to a jap website this is aimed at young japanese men, with good jobs and famailies, the main audience for this cars as they are the ones with the money to spend.

Makes sense to me. This isn't a new Teg, this is a new ATR (same suspension setup, helical LSD). Ignore the 4 doors, it feels like small car to drive but with added practicality (other than the fact the rear seats down drop - a big gripe I have with my ATR!)

This being an ITR forum I can understand you're all 3 door fans. Personally I think the DC5 looks too squashed but there you go!

Here's a few pics from when I drove it
pic002.jpg

pic005.jpg

pic009.jpg

pic025.jpg
pic026.jpg

If I had the ££££ available I would be doing business right now. :twisted:

This car would make me forget about the S2000 for a few years. ;)

I'm still seriously considering one of these. Just waiting for my solicitor to sort out a financial mess!

I live near Tewksbury so i might ring Ian at Lichfields.

Any idea on kerb weight of these FD2's?

Back