• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 FD2 under £20,000?

20K is the right price to pay for now, less in 6-12 months hopefully as the cars age a bit...

Already we paid £200 less for a brand new FD2 with 5 miles on the clock than we did for an identical car last month at auction....

it just gotta drop by another £8K to come in to my price range then i will have one!!:smt047

Thats good then as I plan to look at one in about a years time too :D

Carl

All depends on the package..

Every importer has to pay for the car, shipping, duty, clearance fees so anyone offering bargain deals (seen one company charging £17,995 but i wasn't OTR for that price) means they are making little or no margin or the package they are offering is just a basic car, statutory warranty, no stereo, no underseal, no alarm etc.

I am sure Andy @ 200bhp cars will back me up on this, the margins importers make aren't fantastic and the price you pay on top of a lot of other importers is for the personal service, overheads, experience and knowledge.

Nobody is ripping anyone off with the FD2 prices. They are all fair for the package they are offering.

We try and make the car feel as much like a UK car as possible by using Honda alarms, taillight conversions if possible rather than nasty fog lights stuck on the bottom with a wire running underneath your car (I've seen some right shocking work in my years!)

Buying on price alone and not considering company history, reputation, knowledge, supply etc is a dangerous move. Thats why owners clubs/forums are so important. It allows members to spread the word (be it good or bad) to help people make a more educated decision.

I know I cannot compete with a lot of importers selling DC5's for £9500...

... and I don't want to. A £9500 DC5 isn't a car I would own, so I won't sell it. Simple. :D

i'm happy with my purchase. i didnt mind paying the little extra to get it from a company that everyone know of. yes its alot of money but its the price you pay for the service you get IF anything was to happen. i'm not saying litch is better than all the other companies mention here, but he has done a pretty good job of my FD2.

i was speaking to tim at litchfields and he was saying that the companies offering the FD2's at cheaper prices do not come with all the extras that litch gives you.

i'm happy with my purchase. i didnt mind paying the little extra to get it from a company that everyone know of. yes its alot of money but its the price you pay for the service you get IF anything was to happen. i'm not saying litch is better than all the other companies mention here, but he has done a pretty good job of my FD2.

i was speaking to tim at litchfields and he was saying that the companies offering the FD2's at cheaper prices do not come with all the extras that litch gives you.

Absolutely.. the package they offer for £22,995 is competitive, add service, reputation, overheads to that and its a very fair price IMHO..

And ultimately, if something was to happen (99.9% chance everything will be fine) you want to make sure the company will look after you.. :)

Back