• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 FD2 vs ST170

I been driving the FD2 for the past few weeks but today I had to park in town so I took my st170 instead. It amazing how you get used to the acceleration available in the FD2. FD2 now feels normal and the ST170 feels slow and heavy.

Maybe we should all keep a slower car just to keep the FD2 feeling special. How about an FN2?

J

Sometimes I take my dad`s dog to the beach for him, using his Picasso or my mum`s Punto...makes me fall in love with my Civic all over again

I been driving the FD2 for the past few weeks but today I had to park in town so I took my st170 instead. It amazing how you get used to the acceleration available in the FD2. FD2 now feels normal and the ST170 feels slow and heavy.

Maybe we should all keep a slower car just to keep the FD2 feeling special. How about an FN2?

J

:lol: Not sure what the FN2 lot will think of that :D

Very true though, FD2 is the norm. It's a shame to get used to something so full on

J
ST170. What a pile of w@nk! I bought a silver one brand new when they first came out. Had every option possible, cost me £20k. Realised what a horrible mistake I had made, sold it a couple of months later and got £12k for it. Honestly, possibly the worst car I've owned. Was no quicker than the ordinary 2 litre Focus I had before it, well didn't feel any quicker anyway.

Bought my CTR and realised what I had been missing.

As previously stated I don't care what FN2 drivers think, they should have bought a proper civic in the first place.

I got my ST170 estate brand new from a car supermarket for £11300. Finance will be paid off soon and it's still worth about £8000! Only bought ST170 'cos it was the best of a bad bunch. I need a small estate car for work and didn't want a diesel. I looked at scooby but I hate 'em - like driving a rocket propelled tank. I liked the steering on the focus and the price. It's taken me safely and swiftly to scotland with a boot full of tools many times.

What other new car could I have bought for the money? Suggestions please, focus will be 3 years old soon and will need replacing.

J

I tried a 2000w WRX estate, it felt like a tractor (looked nice back then in the old shape) and a 2005 WRX estate. Niether did for me.

I didn't like the Focus RS either. I think it's just turbo'd engines that I have a problem with. I'd rather have a high reving N/A engine.

J

As previously stated I don't care what FN2 drivers think, they should have bought a proper civic in the first place.
J

I did, I just didn't want to sit in a Hybrid and have to spout on endlessly about how better my civic was because its a JDM.

As you may have guessed, I don't care what the FD2 owners think either, except I'm a bit more tactful. Do you still have your own teeth, and are your kidneys aching, no worries, downgrade your suspension to suit the British roads. Or try gain kudos, by berating a different car.

Let the handbagging commence! :lol:

IMO both cars are being compromised by the evils of cost cutting, however the UK cars have suffered for longer.

EP3 said goodbye to the LSD, hydraulic power steering (JDM version kept these) and double wishbone front suspension, the FN continued this with the rear torsion bars. The FD2 has had the Recaros replaced by own brand specials, and I found the damping to be a bit wide of the mark.

I do hope Honda aren't dropping the baton here :eek:

Let the handbagging commence! :lol:

Hehe, doubt it will come to that ;). Lets put it this way, both the FN and FD are mediocre cars in the plethora of cars available today, yet some owners seem to have to justify their cars excellence by knocking another. Horses for courses, I like hatch's over saloons, I wanted 2 doors so the kids didn't tw@t them on the shopping run, but I'm not so egotistical as to require that my car is thought off better by jumping on a bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Do you still have your own teeth

That's fighting talk where I come from!

The great thing about internet forums is you are more or less anonymous, except to the moderator. I can say pretty much anything to anyone and unlike in real life I don't get chased down the road by neanderthals when I unleash my whit.

Anyway, any suggestions for ST170 replacement. Ideas from FN2 owners welcome.

J

RWD for under £20k? That'd be a poverty spec BMW 1 series. Not for me either + there's no estate.

J

A friend has just suggested an end of line accord 2.4 petrol tourer. Now that could be interesting and cheap.

J

Back